Hear and There Audio Magazine, Prehistoric Pottery Part 3þ

  • duhlman1
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2010
      Listen here http://duhlman.podbean.com/
      In part 3 I interview Thomas Grooms about his hobby of making replica prehistoric pottery of the Fort Ancient Culture. We talk about The complicated process of fireing the pots with a campfire. Controling the heat is the trickiest part. When you sit by a campfire where do you sit? With thw wind to your back, so it blows the smoke away? Think how the heat changes from one side to the other. That uneven difference is bad for the fireing process.

      The Fort Ancient people lived in what is now the states of Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, and West Virgina in the USA. Thomas is an archeologist for the state of Ohio. He studies how pottery was made before European contact from 1,000 BC to 1,700 AD. This is part 2 of a 3 part series.