Leviathan Chronicles Special Edition Episodes Now Available! (Need Your Support!)

  • Steve Riekeberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2010
      Hey gang,

      I hesitate to self-promote here, as the last thing I want to do is abuse
      your trust, but if you'd you'd bear with me here...

      Today, on behalf of the Leviathan Chronicles team, I'm excited to
      announce that the first two commercial "Special Edition" episodes were

      If you're not familiar with it, The Leviathan Chronicles features an
      epic, engaging story, a full cast of professional voice actors, sound
      effects, and music, and an immersive one-of-a-kind web site, to push the
      envelope of what's possible for a free podcast audio drama.

      The Leviathan Chronicles tracks Macallan Orsel, a young genetic
      scientist in present-day New York City who discovers that immortality is
      not a fool's fantasy, but rather a reality for several factions of
      powerful immortals living among us. Across centuries and continents,
      they have battled for supremacy--and Macallan must suddenly grapple with
      a mysterious and lethal virus, a covert government organization aware of
      the immortals--and her own family's connection to both. In order to save
      herself and the immortals, Macallan must learn to use a key hidden
      within her own DNA. But a deadly secret has been kept deep in the bottom
      of the ocean for over a thousand years that could threaten not just the
      immortals, but all of mankind.

      Season One featured 25 episodes for over 17 hours of high-quality audio
      drama entertainment, all for free. Everyone involved in the production
      of The Leviathan Chronicles, from actors, musicians, and sound engineers
      are paid, which is part of what sets it apart, but also makes it very
      expensive to produce. All proceeds from the Special Episodes (as well as
      merchandise <http://www.zazzle.com/leviathan_chronicles>) go to the
      production of Season 2, for a planned release in late Spring of 2011,
      which will remain free.

      As with the regular episodes, these are fully produced audio dramas with
      an original soundtrack, amazing sound effects, and an incredible cast of
      voice actors. The stand-alone special episodes are related to the main
      story line that gives a deeper look in to some of the backstory and
      characters fans know and love, as well as a sneak peak of what to expect
      in Season Two.

      The first special edition episode is titled "Internal Affairs" (Trailer
      and is almost two hours long--the length of a feature film! It is an
      action packed story which focuses on the Blackdoor Group, and the
      aftermath of the shootout in the Sanctuary during Season One.

      The second special edition episode titled "The Dramatist" (Trailer
      is written by director Nobi Nakanishi and is a character-drive noir set
      in 1930s Hollywood that gives a glimpse of the origins of the rebellion
      and how the population was forced to take sides.

      Both special edition episodes are $1.99 each and are available for
      purchase and immediate download directly from The Leviathan Chronicles

      While I hate to be overly dramatic, I cannot overemphasize the
      importance of these special edition episodes--today might be the most
      important day in Leviathan Chronicles history.

      This is where you come in...

      Even if you cannot give financial support, in this troubled economy,
      please spread the word about The Leviathan Chronicles and the
      availability of the special episodes
      however you can, whether it be talking about it or playing the trailers
      on your podcast, writing about it on your website or blog, mentioning it
      on Twitter <http://twitter.com/LeviathanChrons>, liking/sharing it on
      <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Leviathan-Chronicles/46151200634>, tell
      your friends, tell everyone! (And be sure to let me know when you do!)

      Leviathan Chronicles creator Christof Laputka boldly left a stable
      career in finance working for "The Man" to pursue his dream, and
      invested his own money to make Leviathan a reality. Few have
      successfully monetized this medium, so your support is key to help build
      this new business model, with the ultimate goal of creating an ongoing
      full-time production company for high-quality audio drama. Let's show
      the world what new media can do!

      I wouldn't be giving my support if this wasn't something I truly
      believed in!

      Thank you so much for your time and support,

      Steve Riekeberg

      The Leviathan Chronicles
      Web Site: http://www.leviathanchronicles.com
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeviathanChrons