Re: [podcasters] 24hr Podcast

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2010
      1.) The http://24hrpodcast.com index page appears to be broken. All I see is a landing page for the File Archive Network with an offer to buy the domain.

      2.) What's the charity?

      Have Fun,
      Steve Eley

      On Dec 3, 2010, at 3:39 PM, Todd Cochrane <geeknews@...> wrote:

      > All
      >
      > Check your calendars. The 5th Annual 24hr Podcast starts at 11am EST on
      > Dec 18th.. I am taking applications from podcasters that would like to
      > appear on the show.
      >
      > The 24hr Podcast is a charity event to raise money for a worthy charity,
      > it is also a show where I talk with podcasters and luminaries in the
      > space about new media and everything surrounding building your show and
      > audience. If you would like to be considered for a 30 min slot during
      > the 24hr podcast please visit 24hrpodcast.com and submit an appearance
      > application.
      >
      > You will get to promote your show, and we can talk about what you are
      > doing in the space. During the same 24hr podcast we will have the
      > podcast awards ceremony streamed live. Unlike last year we are preparing
      > the folks at ustream to make sure they will have server enough bandwidth
      > running for the show.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Todd...

    • Paul Puri
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2010
        It seems to be working now.

        I am interested in being on the show. Just need to check my schedule as it
        might coincide with my daughters recital. I am ramping up to finally start a
        new show. But I don't want to jinx it.

        ;-)

        Paul Puri

        http://paulpuri.name/

        Buy stuff from me - http://podsafegear.com

        On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:

        > 1.) The http://24hrpodcast.com index page appears to be broken. All I see
        > is a landing page for the File Archive Network with an offer to buy the
        > domain.
        >
        > 2.) What's the charity?
        >
        > Have Fun,
        > Steve Eley
        >

        > On Dec 3, 2010, at 3:39 PM, Todd Cochrane <geeknews@...> wrote:
        >
        > > All
        > >
        > > Check your calendars. The 5th Annual 24hr Podcast starts at 11am EST on
        > > Dec 18th.. I am taking applications from podcasters that would like to
        > > appear on the show.
        > >
        > > The 24hr Podcast is a charity event to raise money for a worthy charity,
        > > it is also a show where I talk with podcasters and luminaries in the
        > > space about new media and everything surrounding building your show and
        > > audience. If you would like to be considered for a 30 min slot during
        > > the 24hr podcast please visit 24hrpodcast.com and submit an appearance
        > > application.
        > >
        > > You will get to promote your show, and we can talk about what you are
        > > doing in the space. During the same 24hr podcast we will have the
        > > podcast awards ceremony streamed live. Unlike last year we are preparing
        > > the folks at ustream to make sure they will have server enough bandwidth
        > > running for the show.
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > > Todd...

      • Shelly
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2010
          Yes. Details about the charity, please.

          -shelly

          Shelly Brisbin, podcast juggernaut

          Shelly's Podcast: http://shellyspodcast.com
          (winner, 2008 Podcast Peer Award, Best Audio Blog)
          App Store Pundit: http://appstorepundit.com
          Hollywood On The Radio: http://hollywood.libsyn.com

          Contributor: The Spirit World blog: http://thespiritworld.net/

          On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:

          > 1.) The http://24hrpodcast.com index page appears to be broken. All I see
          > is a landing page for the File Archive Network with an offer to buy the
          > domain.
          >
          > 2.) What's the charity?
          >
          > Have Fun,
          > Steve Eley
          >

          > On Dec 3, 2010, at 3:39 PM, Todd Cochrane <geeknews@...<geeknews%40gmail.com>>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > All
          > >
          > > Check your calendars. The 5th Annual 24hr Podcast starts at 11am EST on
          > > Dec 18th.. I am taking applications from podcasters that would like to
          > > appear on the show.
          > >
          > > The 24hr Podcast is a charity event to raise money for a worthy charity,
          > > it is also a show where I talk with podcasters and luminaries in the
          > > space about new media and everything surrounding building your show and
          > > audience. If you would like to be considered for a 30 min slot during
          > > the 24hr podcast please visit 24hrpodcast.com and submit an appearance
          > > application.
          > >
          > > You will get to promote your show, and we can talk about what you are
          > > doing in the space. During the same 24hr podcast we will have the
          > > podcast awards ceremony streamed live. Unlike last year we are preparing
          > > the folks at ustream to make sure they will have server enough bandwidth
          > > running for the show.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Todd...

        • Todd Cochrane
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 11, 2012
            All

            I have a couple of spots left to fill on my 24hr podcast lineup. Here is
            what I am looking for to fill the final spots.

            1. I am looking for someone that is a podcaster outside the US to pair
            with a english speaking podcaster who is in Moscow. The topic of the
            hour will be "Foreign Podcasting"

            2. I am looking for two guests that use unique tools to produce their
            shows aka there are a lot of ways to record a show. But sometimes you
            dont need to follow the norms. Warning this spot happens at 9am Eastern
            on the 16th

            3. I am looking for two Video Podcasters that are having success with
            YouTube and standard podcast distribution. This slot is a late one
            10-11pm Pacific

            4. I am looking to have one additional guest appear with Karin H√łgh at
            5am eastern. Karin will be talking about the podcasting space in Europe.
            She has been in the scene from the beginning and just looking for a good
            pairing with her.

            If you think you have something unique to add or could fill one of those
            spots email me at geeknews@.... During the 24hrs their will be
            plenty of opportunities for people to jump in the show as we always have
            people that forget or do not wake up in time. I hope to see all of you
            when we kick off on Saturday Morning.

            Waiting on a confirmation from Adam Curry as he will be kicking it off
            with me at 11am on the 15th if all goes to plan.

            Todd..

            --
            Todd Cochrane
            Host Geek News Central