24hr Podcast

  • Todd Cochrane
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2010
      All

      Check your calendars. The 5th Annual 24hr Podcast starts at 11am EST on
      Dec 18th.. I am taking applications from podcasters that would like to
      appear on the show.

      The 24hr Podcast is a charity event to raise money for a worthy charity,
      it is also a show where I talk with podcasters and luminaries in the
      space about new media and everything surrounding building your show and
      audience. If you would like to be considered for a 30 min slot during
      the 24hr podcast please visit 24hrpodcast.com and submit an appearance
      application.

      You will get to promote your show, and we can talk about what you are
      doing in the space. During the same 24hr podcast we will have the
      podcast awards ceremony streamed live. Unlike last year we are preparing
      the folks at ustream to make sure they will have server enough bandwidth
      running for the show.

      Thanks
      Todd...
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2010
        1.) The http://24hrpodcast.com index page appears to be broken. All I see is a landing page for the File Archive Network with an offer to buy the domain.

        2.) What's the charity?

        Have Fun,
        Steve Eley

        On Dec 3, 2010, at 3:39 PM, Todd Cochrane <geeknews@...> wrote:

        > All
        >
        > Check your calendars. The 5th Annual 24hr Podcast starts at 11am EST on
        > Dec 18th.. I am taking applications from podcasters that would like to
        > appear on the show.
        >
        > The 24hr Podcast is a charity event to raise money for a worthy charity,
        > it is also a show where I talk with podcasters and luminaries in the
        > space about new media and everything surrounding building your show and
        > audience. If you would like to be considered for a 30 min slot during
        > the 24hr podcast please visit 24hrpodcast.com and submit an appearance
        > application.
        >
        > You will get to promote your show, and we can talk about what you are
        > doing in the space. During the same 24hr podcast we will have the
        > podcast awards ceremony streamed live. Unlike last year we are preparing
        > the folks at ustream to make sure they will have server enough bandwidth
        > running for the show.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Todd...

      • Paul Puri
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2010
          It seems to be working now.

          I am interested in being on the show. Just need to check my schedule as it
          might coincide with my daughters recital. I am ramping up to finally start a
          new show. But I don't want to jinx it.

          ;-)

          Paul Puri

          http://paulpuri.name/

          Buy stuff from me - http://podsafegear.com

          On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:

          > 1.) The http://24hrpodcast.com index page appears to be broken. All I see
          > is a landing page for the File Archive Network with an offer to buy the
          > domain.
          >
          > 2.) What's the charity?
          >
          > Have Fun,
          > Steve Eley
          >

          > On Dec 3, 2010, at 3:39 PM, Todd Cochrane <geeknews@...> wrote:
          >
          > > All
          > >
          > > Check your calendars. The 5th Annual 24hr Podcast starts at 11am EST on
          > > Dec 18th.. I am taking applications from podcasters that would like to
          > > appear on the show.
          > >
          > > The 24hr Podcast is a charity event to raise money for a worthy charity,
          > > it is also a show where I talk with podcasters and luminaries in the
          > > space about new media and everything surrounding building your show and
          > > audience. If you would like to be considered for a 30 min slot during
          > > the 24hr podcast please visit 24hrpodcast.com and submit an appearance
          > > application.
          > >
          > > You will get to promote your show, and we can talk about what you are
          > > doing in the space. During the same 24hr podcast we will have the
          > > podcast awards ceremony streamed live. Unlike last year we are preparing
          > > the folks at ustream to make sure they will have server enough bandwidth
          > > running for the show.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Todd...

        • Shelly
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2010
            Yes. Details about the charity, please.

            -shelly

            Shelly Brisbin, podcast juggernaut

            Shelly's Podcast: http://shellyspodcast.com
            (winner, 2008 Podcast Peer Award, Best Audio Blog)
            App Store Pundit: http://appstorepundit.com
            Hollywood On The Radio: http://hollywood.libsyn.com

            Contributor: The Spirit World blog: http://thespiritworld.net/

            On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:

            > 1.) The http://24hrpodcast.com index page appears to be broken. All I see
            > is a landing page for the File Archive Network with an offer to buy the
            > domain.
            >
            > 2.) What's the charity?
            >
            > Have Fun,
            > Steve Eley
            >

            > On Dec 3, 2010, at 3:39 PM, Todd Cochrane <geeknews@...<geeknews%40gmail.com>>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > All
            > >
            > > Check your calendars. The 5th Annual 24hr Podcast starts at 11am EST on
            > > Dec 18th.. I am taking applications from podcasters that would like to
            > > appear on the show.
            > >
            > > The 24hr Podcast is a charity event to raise money for a worthy charity,
            > > it is also a show where I talk with podcasters and luminaries in the
            > > space about new media and everything surrounding building your show and
            > > audience. If you would like to be considered for a 30 min slot during
            > > the 24hr podcast please visit 24hrpodcast.com and submit an appearance
            > > application.
            > >
            > > You will get to promote your show, and we can talk about what you are
            > > doing in the space. During the same 24hr podcast we will have the
            > > podcast awards ceremony streamed live. Unlike last year we are preparing
            > > the folks at ustream to make sure they will have server enough bandwidth
            > > running for the show.
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > Todd...

          • Todd Cochrane
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 11, 2012
              All

              I have a couple of spots left to fill on my 24hr podcast lineup. Here is
              what I am looking for to fill the final spots.

              1. I am looking for someone that is a podcaster outside the US to pair
              with a english speaking podcaster who is in Moscow. The topic of the
              hour will be "Foreign Podcasting"

              2. I am looking for two guests that use unique tools to produce their
              shows aka there are a lot of ways to record a show. But sometimes you
              dont need to follow the norms. Warning this spot happens at 9am Eastern
              on the 16th

              3. I am looking for two Video Podcasters that are having success with
              YouTube and standard podcast distribution. This slot is a late one
              10-11pm Pacific

              4. I am looking to have one additional guest appear with Karin H√łgh at
              5am eastern. Karin will be talking about the podcasting space in Europe.
              She has been in the scene from the beginning and just looking for a good
              pairing with her.

              If you think you have something unique to add or could fill one of those
              spots email me at geeknews@.... During the 24hrs their will be
              plenty of opportunities for people to jump in the show as we always have
              people that forget or do not wake up in time. I hope to see all of you
              when we kick off on Saturday Morning.

              Waiting on a confirmation from Adam Curry as he will be kicking it off
              with me at 11am on the 15th if all goes to plan.

              Todd..

              --
              Todd Cochrane
              Host Geek News Central