Re: [podcasters] Thanks for the mic suggestions!

  • Flyswatter
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 20, 2010
      My mixer is on the fritz, so I have been hooking up my little portable Zoom
      H2 mic to the computer, setting it up to be a USB mic, and going from that.
      I am plugging my headphones into the Zoom, so I am not experiencing any
      latency problems. It sounds okay.

      You may want to consider this as a solution, because you can also use it as
      a handheld, of course.

      --
      Laura Ross

      Flyswatter Show podcast and blog
      http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter
      Voicemail: (678) 368-4935
      email: flyswatter@...
      Podcast feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FlyswatterShow
      Blog feed: http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter/feed/

      The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
      http://coffeeandteashow.com
      Listener hotline: (678) 368-4935
      Skype: coffeeandteashow
      coffeeandteashow@...

      Rocky Horror Pod Show
      http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
      Listener Hotline: (678) 368-4935
      rockypod@...
      Join the Rockypod Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/rockypod

    • Brains Matter
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 20, 2010
        I can second the Rode Podcaster. Very nice device, if you're looking at the USB option.

        --
        Brains Matter Podcast
        Melbourne, Australia

        On 20/11/2010, at 3:16 PM, Sharayah 888 wrote:

        > Hi all...thanks for the tips and suggestions on a mic and about headsets.
        > Dan, I am looking for a USB mic and will be shopping around this weekend!
        > Take care, Sharayah

      • clay.dugger
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 22, 2010
          Sorry I didn't read this earlier.

          A great mic is the Samson Q2U. Around $60. USB and XLR, combined! And, headphones plug into the mic.

          Really sweet mic. It has changed my recording. It tends to pick up breathing, but it is very good.