Relaunch Coming

  • Art
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2010
      I'm thinking about relaunching my podcast, with a different focus. To that end, I'd like to include about 500 words of published works, some of which have audio book versions.

      Does anyone know the law well enough to say that, if I get a release from the authors, it will be legal to do so?

      Thanks in advance.

      Art Spencer
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 27, 2010
        On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Art <art.spencer@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know the law well enough to say that, if I get a release from
        > the authors, it will be legal to do so?

        If you get permission from the copyright holders, you can do anything you
        want. In _almost_ every case the authors will be the relevant rights
        holders. There are times when the author may have sold exclusive audio
        rights or something -- but in that case, the author's responsible for
        knowing it and telling you.

        http://www.escapepod.org