Podcaster Survey

  • Ed OLoughlin
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2010
      Hi,

      I've just started developing an online service to help podcasters record
      interviews with remote participants. I was wondering if members of the
      group would be interested in participating in an online survey I created
      to get a better idea of what's important to podcasters who have guests
      participate remotely in their podcasts.

      I'll post my results with the group when I've got enough responses for a
      valid analysis.

      My survey is at http://podcasting.limequery.com/64532/lang-en&s=6
      <http://podcasting.limequery.com/64532/lang-en&s=6> . I would really
      appreciate any participation.

      My motivation for creating this service is as a consumer of podcasts,
      rather than a producer. I listen to a lot of podcasts (mostly tech
      related) and I often get frustrated by podcasts where I can hear the
      host clearly, but can't make out what the guest is saying because they
      are on the other end of a poor phone line or VOIP connection. I imagine
      it's also not that rewarding for podcast producers either.

      Regards,

      Ed O'Loughlin

    • Ed OLoughlin
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2010
        Hi, and thanks to everyone who completed the survey. I said that I would share my results with the group. Unfortunately, only 15 people responded, so it's not possible to generate any meaningful stats. I suppose this does actually constitute a result!

        Thanks again to those who did take the time.

        Regards,
        Ed O'Loughlin

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Ed OLoughlin" <yahoo.com-eolg@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >

        > I've just started developing an online service to help podcasters record
        > interviews with remote participants. I was wondering if members of the
        > group would be interested in participating in an online survey I created
        > to get a better idea of what's important to podcasters who have guests
        > participate remotely in their podcasts.
        >

        > I'll post my results with the group when I've got enough responses for a
        > valid analysis.
        >

        > My survey is at http://podcasting.limequery.com/64532/lang-en&s=6
        > <http://podcasting.limequery.com/64532/lang-en&s=6> . I would really
        > appreciate any participation.
        >

        > My motivation for creating this service is as a consumer of podcasts,
        > rather than a producer. I listen to a lot of podcasts (mostly tech
        > related) and I often get frustrated by podcasts where I can hear the
        > host clearly, but can't make out what the guest is saying because they
        > are on the other end of a poor phone line or VOIP connection. I imagine
        > it's also not that rewarding for podcast producers either.
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Ed O'Loughlin

      • C. Hatton Humphrey
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 12, 2010

          > Hi, and thanks to everyone who completed the survey. I said that I would
          > share my results with the group. Unfortunately, only 15 people responded, so
          > it's not possible to generate any meaningful stats. I suppose this does
          > actually constitute a result!

          Hi Ed,

          Your non-response may not truly be a result. It may well be an indication
          of interest on this group - 2365 members is a huge number to be sure.
          Consider the fact that your original post was 16 days ago and there was only
          one message sent out about it.

          I'd suggest sending out a reminder (maybe a bit more upbeat than this one) a
          few times and possibly posting the survey on a number of different places.
          Might do well to increase your survey sample size.

          Me personally, I make use of TalkShoe so phone interviews are "built in".

          Good luck!
          C. Hatton Humphrey
          http://www.eastcoastconservative.com

          Perception != Reality