Re: [podcasters] This is my podcast

  • Paul Puri
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 29, 2010
      Ed,

      Passive aggressiveness is an art form, so, you're doing it wrong. Leave it
      to the professionals.

      I like the show. I like it a lot. It sounds good on my computer speakers,
      which are cheap. The theme song seemed strange at first, but it actually
      suits it very well. Your voice is soothing, and it is obvious that the
      subject matter is important to you.

      The negatives, if you want to call them that:

      The blog link took me nowhere. Probably a Turkish hacker.

      There does not seem to be a way to play an episode from the site. A visitor
      should not have to subscribe to sample the show. If there is a way, it is
      cleverly hidden.

      Otherwise, great work. It is obviously a labor of love, and I hope it is all
      you want it to be.

      Paul Puri

      http://paulpuri.name/

      Buy stuff from me - http://podsafegear.com

      On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@...> wrote:

      > Really? I never would have thought about either of those, no offense.
      >
      > There are actually six million bird owners in the US alone, so my market is
      > actually fairly large. Most of those people are female, average income of
      > $50,000+ per year, with broadband Internet access. But getting them to
      > actually listen is still a trick in itself.
      >
      > I have 25 years of experience with all sorts of birds, from Budgies to
      > Macaws, in breeding, raising, proper care, first aid, and so on. While I am
      > working on a book, it has nothing to do with parrots, except there might be
      > one in it.
      >
      > I live in Florida, so I imagine your treasure hunting podcast would be of
      > an interest to a few people down here. I see those guys every day, if I am
      > on the beach that day.
      >
      > For me, I don't know if I could take another thing in the house that beeps.
      > My birds already do a great imitation of the phone, microwave, and doorbell.
      > I don't want to give them anymore material in that department.
      >
      > Ed

    • Paul Puri
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 29, 2010
        By the way.....

        I would love to see some Parrot Idol with you and your Parrot!

        Cheers,

        On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Paul Puri <paulpuri@...> wrote:

        > Ed,
        >
        > Passive aggressiveness is an art form, so, you're doing it wrong. Leave it
        > to the professionals.
        >
        > I like the show. I like it a lot. It sounds good on my computer speakers,
        > which are cheap. The theme song seemed strange at first, but it actually
        > suits it very well. Your voice is soothing, and it is obvious that the
        > subject matter is important to you.
        >
        > The negatives, if you want to call them that:
        >
        > The blog link took me nowhere. Probably a Turkish hacker.
        >
        > There does not seem to be a way to play an episode from the site. A visitor
        > should not have to subscribe to sample the show. If there is a way, it is
        > cleverly hidden.
        >
        > Otherwise, great work. It is obviously a labor of love, and I hope it is
        > all you want it to be.
        >

        > Paul Puri
        >
        > The most interesting person you will never meet!
        >
        > http://paulpuri.name/
        >
        > Buy stuff from me - http://podsafegear.com
        >

        > On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Really? I never would have thought about either of those, no offense.
        >>
        >> There are actually six million bird owners in the US alone, so my market
        >> is actually fairly large. Most of those people are female, average income of
        >> $50,000+ per year, with broadband Internet access. But getting them to
        >> actually listen is still a trick in itself.
        >>
        >> I have 25 years of experience with all sorts of birds, from Budgies to
        >> Macaws, in breeding, raising, proper care, first aid, and so on. While I am
        >> working on a book, it has nothing to do with parrots, except there might be
        >> one in it.
        >>
        >> I live in Florida, so I imagine your treasure hunting podcast would be of
        >> an interest to a few people down here. I see those guys every day, if I am
        >> on the beach that day.
        >>
        >> For me, I don't know if I could take another thing in the house that
        >> beeps. My birds already do a great imitation of the phone, microwave, and
        >> doorbell. I don't want to give them anymore material in that department.
        >>
        >> Ed

      • Ed Morgan
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 29, 2010
          Hi Paul,

          Yeah, our hacker friend did a number on the site, and I am still working to reconnect things to their rightful places, so the blog is still not in the right place. I do now have the ability to play the podcast from the site at www.parrothut.com/TPH/ which is the wordpress page for the podcast. I haven't been able to figure out how to link that in. I guess I could direct the links to that page, which I did for a while. I would prefer to use that page anyway, but I thought people could play the podcasts directly from the feedburner page. I know there was a link, but I've never tried it. I am working on the blog issue, and that should be corrected this weekend. Thanks for the critique.

          Regards,