Re: [podcasters] Can anybody help out there?

  • Erk Pod
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 28, 2010
      Add another vote for Podproducer as a soundboard only.

      Erk

      --
      Erk, Sydney (Australia)
      Channel Erk podcasts

      Host & Producer: Erk Pod, Erk FM, Echo Romeo Kilo, Blast From The
      Past, Insomnia Radio: Australia

      Producer: Judy's Blast FM.

      Find all 5 podcasts on Channel Erk. There is a podcast for everyone!

      http://www.channelerk.com
      http://australia.insomniaradio.net

      erkpod@...

      Skype: erkpod
      Twitter: @erkpod (personal)
      Twitter: @erkfm & @iraustralia (music)
      Voicemail: 02 8003 6905 (Australia)
      Voicemail: 661-524-5ERK (US)

      A member of the Association of Music Podcasting (AMP)
      http://musicpodcasting.org
    • Ed Morgan
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 28, 2010
        Jeez, talk about getting offended easily, you obviously don't have a sense of humor at all. Personally, I am not offended, nor am I bothered by the comments made by the three of you. I wrote you privately, since that was more about your show, and less about this, so I felt it didn't belong here. I think you should check that definition for yourself, Pat, as there is nothing there that says you have to follow every sentence with a space. This is the first time I have seen you post, Pat, using the good old proper formatting of a letter, and it is just fine with me. I can read it just fine and there are no unnecessary spaces breaking up the message or the intent. Can you find it anywhere on the Internet that states it is good form to post spaces between each sentence? I doubt it.
        The fact is, some people here need to have post broken into small segments to hold their attention. I get that, and don't have a problem with it. I just think it is a little sad that society has come to that. But that's life. If you have a problem with anything I have said, I'm sorry. Try to have a sense of humor about life sometimes, and maybe it will go down a little easier. As for my eyesight, it is completely and totally fachizzled beyond belief. But thanks to these new fangled things called eyeglasses, I see just fine. That's until my Cockatoo steals them, then I'm blind as a bat. Whoa! There's a new topic for my podcast! :) Anyway, you should try these things. They do wonders for reading things.

        Lighten up, people!!

        Regards,
        Ed

        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 29, 2010
          Really? I never would have thought about either of those, no offense.

          There are actually six million bird owners in the US alone, so my market is actually fairly large. Most of those people are female, average income of $50,000+ per year, with broadband Internet access. But getting them to actually listen is still a trick in itself.

          I have 25 years of experience with all sorts of birds, from Budgies to Macaws, in breeding, raising, proper care, first aid, and so on. While I am working on a book, it has nothing to do with parrots, except there might be one in it.

          I live in Florida, so I imagine your treasure hunting podcast would be of an interest to a few people down here. I see those guys every day, if I am on the beach that day.

          For me, I don't know if I could take another thing in the house that beeps. My birds already do a great imitation of the phone, microwave, and doorbell. I don't want to give them anymore material in that department.

          Ed

          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 29, 2010
            Ed,

            Passive aggressiveness is an art form, so, you're doing it wrong. Leave it
            to the professionals.

            I like the show. I like it a lot. It sounds good on my computer speakers,
            which are cheap. The theme song seemed strange at first, but it actually
            suits it very well. Your voice is soothing, and it is obvious that the
            subject matter is important to you.

            The negatives, if you want to call them that:

            The blog link took me nowhere. Probably a Turkish hacker.

            There does not seem to be a way to play an episode from the site. A visitor
            should not have to subscribe to sample the show. If there is a way, it is
            cleverly hidden.

            Otherwise, great work. It is obviously a labor of love, and I hope it is all
            you want it to be.

            Paul Puri

            http://paulpuri.name/

            Buy stuff from me - http://podsafegear.com

            On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@...> wrote:

            > Really? I never would have thought about either of those, no offense.
            >
            > There are actually six million bird owners in the US alone, so my market is
            > actually fairly large. Most of those people are female, average income of
            > $50,000+ per year, with broadband Internet access. But getting them to
            > actually listen is still a trick in itself.
            >
            > I have 25 years of experience with all sorts of birds, from Budgies to
            > Macaws, in breeding, raising, proper care, first aid, and so on. While I am
            > working on a book, it has nothing to do with parrots, except there might be
            > one in it.
            >
            > I live in Florida, so I imagine your treasure hunting podcast would be of
            > an interest to a few people down here. I see those guys every day, if I am
            > on the beach that day.
            >
            > For me, I don't know if I could take another thing in the house that beeps.
            > My birds already do a great imitation of the phone, microwave, and doorbell.
            > I don't want to give them anymore material in that department.
            >
            > Ed

          • Paul Puri
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 29, 2010
              By the way.....

              I would love to see some Parrot Idol with you and your Parrot!

              Cheers,

              On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Paul Puri <paulpuri@...> wrote:

              > Ed,
              >
              > Passive aggressiveness is an art form, so, you're doing it wrong. Leave it
              > to the professionals.
              >
              > I like the show. I like it a lot. It sounds good on my computer speakers,
              > which are cheap. The theme song seemed strange at first, but it actually
              > suits it very well. Your voice is soothing, and it is obvious that the
              > subject matter is important to you.
              >
              > The negatives, if you want to call them that:
              >
              > The blog link took me nowhere. Probably a Turkish hacker.
              >
              > There does not seem to be a way to play an episode from the site. A visitor
              > should not have to subscribe to sample the show. If there is a way, it is
              > cleverly hidden.
              >
              > Otherwise, great work. It is obviously a labor of love, and I hope it is
              > all you want it to be.
              >

              > Paul Puri
              >
              > The most interesting person you will never meet!
              >
              > http://paulpuri.name/
              >
              > Buy stuff from me - http://podsafegear.com
              >

              > On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@...> wrote:
              >
              >> Really? I never would have thought about either of those, no offense.
              >>
              >> There are actually six million bird owners in the US alone, so my market
              >> is actually fairly large. Most of those people are female, average income of
              >> $50,000+ per year, with broadband Internet access. But getting them to
              >> actually listen is still a trick in itself.
              >>
              >> I have 25 years of experience with all sorts of birds, from Budgies to
              >> Macaws, in breeding, raising, proper care, first aid, and so on. While I am
              >> working on a book, it has nothing to do with parrots, except there might be
              >> one in it.
              >>
              >> I live in Florida, so I imagine your treasure hunting podcast would be of
              >> an interest to a few people down here. I see those guys every day, if I am
              >> on the beach that day.
              >>
              >> For me, I don't know if I could take another thing in the house that
              >> beeps. My birds already do a great imitation of the phone, microwave, and
              >> doorbell. I don't want to give them anymore material in that department.
              >>
              >> Ed

            • Ed Morgan
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 29, 2010
                Hi Paul,

                Yeah, our hacker friend did a number on the site, and I am still working to reconnect things to their rightful places, so the blog is still not in the right place. I do now have the ability to play the podcast from the site at www.parrothut.com/TPH/ which is the wordpress page for the podcast. I haven't been able to figure out how to link that in. I guess I could direct the links to that page, which I did for a while. I would prefer to use that page anyway, but I thought people could play the podcasts directly from the feedburner page. I know there was a link, but I've never tried it. I am working on the blog issue, and that should be corrected this weekend. Thanks for the critique.