Re: [podcasters] This is my podcast

  • Ed Morgan
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 28 7:22 PM
      Actually, I did put a space between paragraphs. What you are all doing is putting spaces between sentences, which is a big difference.

      But, I don't want to make things hard on people, so I guess I will try to make my posts simpler. While this may be easier to read, it is a degradation of the common structures of the English language, but that is another story.

      I actually could talk for an hour about birds, as there are dozens of topics on them, and the field is constantly building new knowledge and issues every day. I cut it down to 30 minutes to make it easier to listen to and easier for me to make each episode. Adult slow-pitch softball? Treasure hunting? Those are some unique areas to talk about!

      Ed

      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 28 7:44 PM
        Give it up Dan. Ed obviously offends easily (You should've seen what he sent to
        me off list when I asked about one of his paragraphs being in large fonts.
        Without quoting him as that would be against netiquette - See the definition
        @ http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/netiquette to see what it means Ed), he
        basically said I must have eyesight problems if I couldn't read his email.
        As most everybody here knows, I don't normally I don't post in this manner, but
        I thought I'd do so in this case to show what Ed's messages look like to the
        rest of us (Assuming you can even read it that is) since Ed has gone from being
        civil & like everybody else here to being ridiculous and a wuss.
        Now what's it like to be the RECIPIENT of a post like yours Ed?
        Who has the eyesight problem NOW??
        Now, as I said previously, let's get back to podcasting before we inspire
        someone to start a podcast on netiquette (As well as incur the wrath of the mods
        too :) ).
        Cheers :D
        Pat Cook
        HOST - The Left Wing Conservative
        Englewood, CO (NEW LOCATION!!)
        WEBSITE - http://www.wix.com/progressivemoderates/mainwix
        AUDIO PODCAST - http://theleftwingwingconservative.mevio.com/
        VIDEO PODCAST - http://tlwctv.mevio.com
        SKYPE LINE - leftyconservative
        TWITTER - http://twitter.com/libconservative
        FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/pages/leftyconservative/126700177352576
        VOICEMAIL - 206-350-2175

        ________________________________

      • danhughes@juno.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 28 7:45 PM
          Ed: "Adult slow-pitch softball? Treasure hunting? Those are some unique areas to talk about!"
          I think parrots are a more unique topic than either of mine!

          There are several thousand treasure hunters in the US (and by "treasure hunters" I mean mainly folks who use metal detectors to find coins and jewelry), and over a million softball players.

          I've written books on both topics, and the podcasts help to sell the books.

          I also do a weekly old-time radio podcast which I make no money from. I started it as a show for our local "reading for the sight-impaired" radio station, and I decided to put it on the internet too. The work is already done, so why not.

          ---Dan's shows:
          http://thetreasurecorner.com
          http://thesoftballcorner.com
          http://radiofun.info

        • Erk Pod
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 28 7:48 PM
            Add another vote for Podproducer as a soundboard only.

            Erk

            --
            Erk, Sydney (Australia)
            Channel Erk podcasts

            Host & Producer: Erk Pod, Erk FM, Echo Romeo Kilo, Blast From The
            Past, Insomnia Radio: Australia

            Producer: Judy's Blast FM.

            Find all 5 podcasts on Channel Erk. There is a podcast for everyone!

            http://www.channelerk.com
            http://australia.insomniaradio.net

            erkpod@...

            Skype: erkpod
            Twitter: @erkpod (personal)
            Twitter: @erkfm & @iraustralia (music)
            Voicemail: 02 8003 6905 (Australia)
            Voicemail: 661-524-5ERK (US)

            A member of the Association of Music Podcasting (AMP)
            http://musicpodcasting.org
          • Ed Morgan
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 28 11:38 PM
              Jeez, talk about getting offended easily, you obviously don't have a sense of humor at all. Personally, I am not offended, nor am I bothered by the comments made by the three of you. I wrote you privately, since that was more about your show, and less about this, so I felt it didn't belong here. I think you should check that definition for yourself, Pat, as there is nothing there that says you have to follow every sentence with a space. This is the first time I have seen you post, Pat, using the good old proper formatting of a letter, and it is just fine with me. I can read it just fine and there are no unnecessary spaces breaking up the message or the intent. Can you find it anywhere on the Internet that states it is good form to post spaces between each sentence? I doubt it.
              The fact is, some people here need to have post broken into small segments to hold their attention. I get that, and don't have a problem with it. I just think it is a little sad that society has come to that. But that's life. If you have a problem with anything I have said, I'm sorry. Try to have a sense of humor about life sometimes, and maybe it will go down a little easier. As for my eyesight, it is completely and totally fachizzled beyond belief. But thanks to these new fangled things called eyeglasses, I see just fine. That's until my Cockatoo steals them, then I'm blind as a bat. Whoa! There's a new topic for my podcast! :) Anyway, you should try these things. They do wonders for reading things.

              Lighten up, people!!

              Regards,
              Ed

              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 29 12:00 AM
                Really? I never would have thought about either of those, no offense.

                There are actually six million bird owners in the US alone, so my market is actually fairly large. Most of those people are female, average income of $50,000+ per year, with broadband Internet access. But getting them to actually listen is still a trick in itself.

                I have 25 years of experience with all sorts of birds, from Budgies to Macaws, in breeding, raising, proper care, first aid, and so on. While I am working on a book, it has nothing to do with parrots, except there might be one in it.

                I live in Florida, so I imagine your treasure hunting podcast would be of an interest to a few people down here. I see those guys every day, if I am on the beach that day.

                For me, I don't know if I could take another thing in the house that beeps. My birds already do a great imitation of the phone, microwave, and doorbell. I don't want to give them anymore material in that department.

                Ed

                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 29 12:33 AM
                  Ed,

                  Passive aggressiveness is an art form, so, you're doing it wrong. Leave it
                  to the professionals.

                  I like the show. I like it a lot. It sounds good on my computer speakers,
                  which are cheap. The theme song seemed strange at first, but it actually
                  suits it very well. Your voice is soothing, and it is obvious that the
                  subject matter is important to you.

                  The negatives, if you want to call them that:

                  The blog link took me nowhere. Probably a Turkish hacker.

                  There does not seem to be a way to play an episode from the site. A visitor
                  should not have to subscribe to sample the show. If there is a way, it is
                  cleverly hidden.

                  Otherwise, great work. It is obviously a labor of love, and I hope it is all
                  you want it to be.

                  Paul Puri

                  http://paulpuri.name/

                  Buy stuff from me - http://podsafegear.com

                  On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@...> wrote:

                  > Really? I never would have thought about either of those, no offense.
                  >
                  > There are actually six million bird owners in the US alone, so my market is
                  > actually fairly large. Most of those people are female, average income of
                  > $50,000+ per year, with broadband Internet access. But getting them to
                  > actually listen is still a trick in itself.
                  >
                  > I have 25 years of experience with all sorts of birds, from Budgies to
                  > Macaws, in breeding, raising, proper care, first aid, and so on. While I am
                  > working on a book, it has nothing to do with parrots, except there might be
                  > one in it.
                  >
                  > I live in Florida, so I imagine your treasure hunting podcast would be of
                  > an interest to a few people down here. I see those guys every day, if I am
                  > on the beach that day.
                  >
                  > For me, I don't know if I could take another thing in the house that beeps.
                  > My birds already do a great imitation of the phone, microwave, and doorbell.
                  > I don't want to give them anymore material in that department.
                  >
                  > Ed

                • Paul Puri
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 29 12:35 AM
                    By the way.....

                    I would love to see some Parrot Idol with you and your Parrot!

                    Cheers,

                    On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Paul Puri <paulpuri@...> wrote:

                    > Ed,
                    >
                    > Passive aggressiveness is an art form, so, you're doing it wrong. Leave it
                    > to the professionals.
                    >
                    > I like the show. I like it a lot. It sounds good on my computer speakers,
                    > which are cheap. The theme song seemed strange at first, but it actually
                    > suits it very well. Your voice is soothing, and it is obvious that the
                    > subject matter is important to you.
                    >
                    > The negatives, if you want to call them that:
                    >
                    > The blog link took me nowhere. Probably a Turkish hacker.
                    >
                    > There does not seem to be a way to play an episode from the site. A visitor
                    > should not have to subscribe to sample the show. If there is a way, it is
                    > cleverly hidden.
                    >
                    > Otherwise, great work. It is obviously a labor of love, and I hope it is
                    > all you want it to be.
                    >

                    > Paul Puri
                    >
                    > The most interesting person you will never meet!
                    >
                    > http://paulpuri.name/
                    >
                    > Buy stuff from me - http://podsafegear.com
                    >

                    > On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >> Really? I never would have thought about either of those, no offense.
                    >>
                    >> There are actually six million bird owners in the US alone, so my market
                    >> is actually fairly large. Most of those people are female, average income of
                    >> $50,000+ per year, with broadband Internet access. But getting them to
                    >> actually listen is still a trick in itself.
                    >>
                    >> I have 25 years of experience with all sorts of birds, from Budgies to
                    >> Macaws, in breeding, raising, proper care, first aid, and so on. While I am
                    >> working on a book, it has nothing to do with parrots, except there might be
                    >> one in it.
                    >>
                    >> I live in Florida, so I imagine your treasure hunting podcast would be of
                    >> an interest to a few people down here. I see those guys every day, if I am
                    >> on the beach that day.
                    >>
                    >> For me, I don't know if I could take another thing in the house that
                    >> beeps. My birds already do a great imitation of the phone, microwave, and
                    >> doorbell. I don't want to give them anymore material in that department.
                    >>
                    >> Ed

                  • Ed Morgan
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 29 1:05 PM
                      Hi Paul,

                      Yeah, our hacker friend did a number on the site, and I am still working to reconnect things to their rightful places, so the blog is still not in the right place. I do now have the ability to play the podcast from the site at www.parrothut.com/TPH/ which is the wordpress page for the podcast. I haven't been able to figure out how to link that in. I guess I could direct the links to that page, which I did for a while. I would prefer to use that page anyway, but I thought people could play the podcasts directly from the feedburner page. I know there was a link, but I've never tried it. I am working on the blog issue, and that should be corrected this weekend. Thanks for the critique.