Podcast is up

  • clay.dugger
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2010
      Forgot to post when I put my podcast up.

      I'm on the 2nd episodes now. That's plural because it's a gaming podcast, and with reviews and game reports it was running very long. So, I put it up as 3 separate files this time. My hope is that the listeners will be able to download only what they want to hear.

      While it is targeted to a certain crowd, I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who wants to listen.

      http://mechwarriorsheavyduty.podomatic.com
    • Pat Cook
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2010
        If your goal is to allow listeners to download only what they want to hear, then
        I'm afraid podcasting isn't what you want to do. I say this because once
        listeners subscribe to the RSS Feed, they will get EVERYTHING you post. There
        won't be any choice in the matter. I say that because podcasting doesn't leave
        that option. The RSS Feed is not customizable (This is ESPECIALLY true on the
        freebie sites) as YOU HAVE NO SAY in what is made available as a podcast.

        If you expect to allow listeners to choose the content they want to download,
        then expect to be running polls to give listeners the choice you want to offer
        AND make NON-podcast compatible DIRECT (As in NO RSS Feed) MP3 downloads
        available via your website (Most web hosts don't allow MP3 downloads EVEN FOR
        PAID ACCOUNTS).

        I hate to burst your bubble BUT Dems just the fact Jack!!

        Best of luck anyways.....

        Cheers :D
        Pat Cook
        HOST - The Left Wing Conservative
        Englewood, CO (NEW LOCATION!!)
        WEBSITE - http://www.wix.com/progressivemoderates/mainwix
        AUDIO PODCAST - http://theleftwingwingconservative.mevio.com/
        VIDEO PODCAST - http://tlwctv.mevio.com
        SKYPE LINE - leftyconservative
        TWITTER - http://twitter.com/libconservative
        FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/pages/leftyconservative/126700177352576
        VOICEMAIL - 206-350-2175

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 28, 2010
          Hadn't thought about the RSS subscribers. I don't use it, so it slips my mind.

          I always direct download, and Podomatic allows it, so I just blanked. Either way, though, they can listen to what they want, and skip my blathering on the rest. My hope is that they will listen to it all, hang on my every word, and allow me to take over the world.

          Yeah, right.