Re: [podcasters] Libsyn iPhone App (was: Recommendations for Web Host)

  • Todd Cochrane
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 17, 2010
      Just so you know

      RawVoice continues to support the podcasting communities by sponsoring
      events like Podcamp Pittsburg and we have a presence at BlogWorld and
      New Media Expo. We are always looking for new opportunities for our
      customers and communities.

      We have money making opportunities through out communities, all
      advertising we negotiate for podcasters is opt-in/out we have over 1000
      shows on CPM based ad buys. Podcasters get a choice to participate in or
      not is not the pre-recorded, unnatural inserted ads, these are ads you
      control.

      Our hosting & stats services integrates directly with WordPress with our
      PowerPress plugin which at the time is the only actively maintained
      plugin, that continues to grow in features.

      Most importantly we're distributing beyond the iPhone media can get
      there without an App, but media can't just get on TV hardware like Boxee
      or the Roku unless you join Blubrry. We expect to be in Vudu Platform
      and all Samsung connected devices later this year.

      RawVoice is a stable "profitable" company so you do not have to worry
      about having to move your media in the dead of night. Plus you continue
      to own and control 100% of what you do, and are not subject to someone
      jamming ads into or in front of your content even though your a paying
      customer.

      Todd..

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 17, 2010
        Poor taste, Todd. This was a pretty simple and specific topic. By replying
        to it with unrelated spam, you only make your company look bad.

        On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Todd Cochrane <geeknews@...> wrote:

        > Just so you know
        >
        > RawVoice continues to support the podcasting communities by sponsoring
        > events like Podcamp Pittsburg and we have a presence at BlogWorld and
        > New Media Expo. We are always looking for new opportunities for our
        > customers and communities.
        >
        > We have money making opportunities through out communities, all
        > advertising we negotiate for podcasters is opt-in/out we have over 1000
        > shows on CPM based ad buys. Podcasters get a choice to participate in or
        > not is not the pre-recorded, unnatural inserted ads, these are ads you
        > control.
        >
        > Our hosting & stats services integrates directly with WordPress with our
        > PowerPress plugin which at the time is the only actively maintained
        > plugin, that continues to grow in features.
        >
        > Most importantly we're distributing beyond the iPhone media can get
        > there without an App, but media can't just get on TV hardware like Boxee
        > or the Roku unless you join Blubrry. We expect to be in Vudu Platform
        > and all Samsung connected devices later this year.
        >
        > RawVoice is a stable "profitable" company so you do not have to worry
        > about having to move your media in the dead of night. Plus you continue
        > to own and control 100% of what you do, and are not subject to someone
        > jamming ads into or in front of your content even though your a paying
        > customer.
        >
        > Todd..
        >

        > On 9/16/2010 5:20 AM, Nobilis Reed wrote:
        > >
        > > Priced at $1.99, I make about 75 cents per sale. For MY podcast, that's
        > > enough to pay my hosting fees ($12) plus have pizza money left over. It's
        > > not huge but it's the biggest revenue stream for me right now by far. But
        > > I'm not selling it for the profit. I'm selling it to make it easier for
        > > people to get my podcast.
        > >
        > > On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 10:49 AM, danhughes@...<danhughes%40juno.com>
        > > <mailto:danhughes%40juno.com <danhughes%2540juno.com>> <
        > danhughes@... <danhughes%40juno.com>
        > > <mailto:danhughes%40juno.com <danhughes%2540juno.com>>>wrote:
        >

        > > > Tell me more about how you make money. I average about 200 hits per
        > > day on
        > > > my shows. How much revenue should that generate?
        > > >
        > > > Thanks!
        > > >

        > > --
        > > Weekly audio stories -- Nobilis Erotica: http://nobilis.libsyn.com
        > > -----
        > > Discussion Email List - http://groups.google.com/group/nobiliserotica
        > > -----
        > > "Scouts" science fiction erotic romance -
        > > http://www.logical-lust.com/scouts.html

        http://www.escapepod.org

      • Paul Puri
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 17, 2010
          Just because it's his company, doesn't make it any less relevant. Besides
          Libsyn, Todd's company seems to be the only site that directly supports
          podcasters and seems to have their best interest.

          And no, I don't use his site, but I have recommended it and have also
          considered it as well.

          Paul Puri

          http://paulpuri.name/

          Buy stuff from me - http://podsafegear.com

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 17, 2010
            On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Paul Puri <paulpuri@...> wrote:

            > Just because it's his company, doesn't make it any less relevant. Besides
            > Libsyn, Todd's company seems to be the only site that directly supports
            > podcasters and seems to have their best interest.

            But what did his message have to do with iPhone apps? See the subject line
            of this thread, Paul.

            http://www.escapepod.org

          • Paul Puri
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 17, 2010
              The thread started out as web hosting recommends.

              Apps are great, but no replacement for a good mobile enabled site.

              On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:

              > On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Paul Puri <paulpuri@...> wrote:
              >

              > > Just because it's his company, doesn't make it any less relevant. Besides
              > > Libsyn, Todd's company seems to be the only site that directly supports
              > > podcasters and seems to have their best interest.
              > >
              > But what did his message have to do with iPhone apps? See the subject line
              > of this thread, Paul.
              >

              > --
              > Have Fun,
              > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
              > http://www.escapepod.org

            • Nobilis Reed
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 17, 2010
                Dudes.

                Stephen is right, in that the posting looked crass and unprofessional.

                Paul is right, in that it was ontopic.

                Now, both of you back to your corners for a breather. No replies to this
                thread from either of you until tomorrow.

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 17, 2010
                  Awwww mannnn. No fair.

                  Paul Puri
                  Sent from my Android powered mobile device.
                  > Dudes.
                  >
                  > Stephen is right, in that the posting looked crass and unprofessional.
                  >
                  > Paul is right, in that it was ontopic.
                  >
                  > Now, both of you back to your corners for a breather. No replies to this
                  > thread from either of you until tomorrow.
                  >
                  > On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Paul Puri <paulpuri@...> wrote:
                  >

                  >> The thread started out as web hosting recommends.
                  >>
                  >> Apps are great, but no replacement for a good mobile enabled site.
                  >>
                  >> Paul Puri
                  >>
                  >> The most interesting person you will never meet!
                  >>
                  >> http://paulpuri.name/
                  >>
                  >> Buy stuff from me - http://podsafegear.com
                  >>

                  >> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...<SFEley%
                  40gmail.com>>
                  >> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> > On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Paul Puri <paulpuri@...
                  <paulpuri%40gmail.com>>

                  >> Besides
                  >> > >
                  >> > But what did his message have to do with iPhone apps? See the subject
                  >> line
                  >> > of this thread, Paul.
                  >> >

                  >> > --
                  >> > Have Fun,
                  >> > Steve Eley (sfeley@... <sfeley%40gmail.com>)
                  >> > ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine
                  >> > http://www.escapepod.org

                  > Weekly audio stories -- Nobilis Erotica: http://nobilis.libsyn.com
                  > -----
                  > Discussion Email List - http://groups.google.com/group/nobiliserotica
                  > -----
                  > "Scouts" science fiction erotic romance -
                  > http://www.logical-lust.com/scouts.html

                • Geek News Central
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 17, 2010
                    Your kidding correct?

                    There had rarely been a time when I post anything in this forum in which you
                    do not criticize. I have never ever heard you say a single thing positive
                    about what we have done and what we are doing. We continue to be one of the
                    companies that is investing heavily in the new media space and supporting
                    podcasters, and moving the bar forward. Yet you want to criticize. Shame on
                    you.

                    Todd...