Re: [podcasters] Recommendations for Web Host

  • David Jackson
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 17, 2010
      I agree. Hosting your own wordpress give you total control, and with Libsyn
      (or blubrry) as your media host you are good to go. If you only have a
      budget for one or the other, I have seen where people will use dreamweaver
      to create their website and then post that into the libsyn template. (see
      dimacast.com)

      Dave Jackson
      www.schoolofpodcasting.com
      www.morepodcastmoney.com

      On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 10:51 PM, Shawn Thorpe <shawnogordo@...>wrote:

      > I think the best setup for podcast hosting is to use LibSyn to host the
      > media files on the back end and then to self-host a WordPress installation
      > as your main site. There are plenty of good hosts for handling the
      > WordPress
      > side. Dreamhost is popular (come on with the discount codes, everybody...)
      > as is HostGator. It's generally not advisable to use GoDaddy to host a
      > podcasting site, as users have had problems with them in the past. (They're
      > fine for domains, though.)

    • juniper_bec
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 21, 2010
        Just wanted to thank the group for all the responses! Sounds like Libsyn would be the best choice. I am going to sign up once I decide on my show names. :)