Re: [podcasters] Recommendations for Web Host

  • Michael Johnson
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 16, 2010
      I use libsyn to host the files and powweb to host my domain.

      Thanks
      Mike
      Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
      The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
      A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at crosscampusministry.com

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 17, 2010
        I agree. Hosting your own wordpress give you total control, and with Libsyn
        (or blubrry) as your media host you are good to go. If you only have a
        budget for one or the other, I have seen where people will use dreamweaver
        to create their website and then post that into the libsyn template. (see
        dimacast.com)

        Dave Jackson
        www.schoolofpodcasting.com
        www.morepodcastmoney.com

        On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 10:51 PM, Shawn Thorpe <shawnogordo@...>wrote:

        > I think the best setup for podcast hosting is to use LibSyn to host the
        > media files on the back end and then to self-host a WordPress installation
        > as your main site. There are plenty of good hosts for handling the
        > WordPress
        > side. Dreamhost is popular (come on with the discount codes, everybody...)
        > as is HostGator. It's generally not advisable to use GoDaddy to host a
        > podcasting site, as users have had problems with them in the past. (They're
        > fine for domains, though.)

      • juniper_bec
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 21, 2010
          Just wanted to thank the group for all the responses! Sounds like Libsyn would be the best choice. I am going to sign up once I decide on my show names. :)