Podcasting new

  • Student Notorius
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 13 2:04 PM
      Dear all

      I have been tasked to podcast about a remote sensing application e.g forestry, agriculture, imaging, urban development etc. I probably will need to add images and audio.

      My question is, what is the best way of creating a podcast? Where in the web can I get examples of podcasts? What do they use for creating podcasts?

      Thanks

      Notorius
    • Pat Cook
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 13 9:17 PM
        Not to say that you *are* one but hopefully this answers your question in a
        complete & thorough manner :)

        http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=podcasting+for+dummies&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=podcasting+for+dummies&gs_rfai=&fp=63badf0f3efd0c42

        Enjoy!

        Cheers :D

        Pat Cook
        HOST - The Left Wing Conservative
        Denver, CO
        WEBSITE - http://www.wix.com/progressivemoderates/mainwix
        AUDIO PODCAST - http://theleftwingwingconservative.mevio.com/
        VIDEO PODCAST - http://tlwctv.mevio.com
        SKYPE LINE - leftyconservative
        TWITTER - http://twitter.com/libconservative
        FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/pages/leftyconservative/126700177352576
        VOICEMAIL - 206-350-2175

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 13 10:34 PM
          To create a podcast you need a microphone (like a Sure SM58) and some software (like audacity, or garage band). Examples of podcasts can be found at www.podcastalley.com and inside of itunes, as well as other places. If you are creating a video podcast you will need a camera (for starters a flip camera) and some editing software (like Camtasia on the PC, and screen flow for the mac). Many things depend on budgets, etc.

          Feel free to contact me off list, and I can help you plan your podcast.

          Dave Jackson
          www.schoolofpodcasting.com
          www.podcastmechanic.com

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Student Notorius" <dumisani@...> wrote:

          > Dear all
          >
          > I have been tasked to podcast about a remote sensing application e.g forestry, agriculture, imaging, urban development etc. I probably will need to add images and audio.
          >
          > My question is, what is the best way of creating a podcast? Where in the web can I get examples of podcasts? What do they use for creating podcasts?
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Notorius

        • Cian Mac Mahon
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 14 9:29 AM
            I'm also voting for Podcasting for Dummies. A solid book that I still
            browse through, four years into my podcasting "career".

            Cian Mac Mahon
            www.CianMacMahon.com
          • Anthony D Masuku
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 15 12:20 PM
              Thanks Pat I will take a look at the book. I do have ideas but translating the ideas is tricky.
              Tony

              > To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
              > From: patsblogs@...
              > Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 21:17:07 -0700
              > Subject: Re: [podcasters] Podcasting new
              >
              > Not to say that you *are* one but hopefully this answers your question in a
              > complete & thorough manner :)
              >
              > http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=podcasting+for+dummies&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=podcasting+for+dummies&gs_rfai=&fp=63badf0f3efd0c42
              >

              > Enjoy!
              >
              > Cheers :D
              >
              > Pat Cook
              > HOST - The Left Wing Conservative
              > Denver, CO
              > WEBSITE - http://www.wix.com/progressivemoderates/mainwix
              > AUDIO PODCAST - http://theleftwingwingconservative.mevio.com/
              > VIDEO PODCAST - http://tlwctv.mevio.com
              > SKYPE LINE - leftyconservative
              > TWITTER - http://twitter.com/libconservative
              > FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/pages/leftyconservative/126700177352576
              > VOICEMAIL - 206-350-2175

            • Ed Morgan
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 15 12:30 PM
                There is also "Advanced Podcasting for Dummies" as well, and both of them are great books to read and re-read for any podcaster, in my opinion.

                Regards,
                Ed Morgan
                Host, The Parrot Hut
                http://www.parrothut.com