Re: [podcasters] Re: Pod hosting questions

  • Pat Cook
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 29, 2010
      Sounds like Mevio needs to start up a Mevio 2 then because I'm not terribly
      impressed with Podbean or Pod-O-Matic.  Plus, I'm already paying up the wazoo
      for all the stuff I do online anyway considering the fixed income I'm on so
      paying for podcasting when I don't have to at the present moment is something
      I'd rather not get into doing if you all know what I mean :)

      And BlipTV only hosts video podcasts, but at least I know I can always go back
      there for the TV shows (Especially since I don't believe the RSS feed URLs on
      UStream are podcast-enabled though I could be wrong)

      But yeah - Try downloading from iTunes.

      Cheers :D
       Pat Cook
      HOST - The Left Wing Conservative
      Denver, CO
      WEBSITE - http://www.wix.com/progressivemoderates/mainwix
      AUDIO PODCAST - http://theleftwingwingconservative.mevio.com/
      VIDEO PODCAST - http://tlwctv.mevio.com
      SKYPE LINE - leftyconservative
      TWITTER - http://twitter.com/libconservative
      FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/pages/leftyconservative/126700177352576
      VOICEMAIL - 206-350-2175

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 30, 2010
        I would have loved to sign up with Mevio, until I realized that they assume
        ownership of your work. Apparently that's in the TOS, and I assume it is
        why Cali Lewis had to discontinue her beloved "GeekBrief" podcast, and
        rename it "GeekBeat", when she left Mevio.

        On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 11:55 PM, Pat Cook <patsblogs@...> wrote:

        > Sounds like Mevio needs to start up a Mevio 2 then because I'm not terribly
        >
        > impressed with Podbean or Pod-O-Matic. Plus, I'm already paying up the
        > wazoo
        > for all the stuff I do online anyway considering the fixed income I'm on so
        >
        > paying for podcasting when I don't have to at the present moment is
        > something
        > I'd rather not get into doing if you all know what I mean :)
        >
        > And BlipTV only hosts video podcasts, but at least I know I can always go
        > back
        > there for the TV shows (Especially since I don't believe the RSS feed URLs
        > on
        > UStream are podcast-enabled though I could be wrong)
        >
        > But yeah - Try downloading from iTunes.
        >

        > Cheers :D
        > Pat Cook
        > HOST - The Left Wing Conservative
        > Denver, CO
        > WEBSITE - http://www.wix.com/progressivemoderates/mainwix
        > AUDIO PODCAST - http://theleftwingwingconservative.mevio.com/
        > VIDEO PODCAST - http://tlwctv.mevio.com
        > SKYPE LINE - leftyconservative
        > TWITTER - http://twitter.com/libconservative
        > FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/pages/leftyconservative/126700177352576
        > VOICEMAIL - 206-350-2175
        >
        > ________________________________

      • Pat Cook
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 30, 2010
          Well the difference between Cali's podcast & mine is she makes $$$ with her
          podcast whereas I do not.  That's a HUGE factor.

          So I guess it just depends on whether you expect to make a living with your
          podcast or not (I don't).

        • Cian Mac Mahon
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 30, 2010
            Or if you want somebody else to make a living off your work. Then go
            with mevio.

            Just host wherever you are hosting your blog, if you don't want to pay
            $60 a year for libsyn.

            Cian Mac Mahon
            www.CianMacMahon.com
          • Pat Cook
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 30, 2010
              Well unless and/or until I start making a living off my political talk show
              (Like THAT is going to happen anytime soon?  I don't think so), I'm not really
              worried about who hosts my podcast.

              That said though, I'll get on the PodcastAlley board (Mevio has its forum there)
              & mention the complaints everyone posted here over the last couple of days.