Re: [podcasters] Pod hosting questions

  • Pat Cook
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 29, 2010
      Thanks Ed

      I edited it manually here but I'll correct it in the permanent sig once I send
      this off.

      Just goes to show that fingers & keyboards don't alway get along, do they? :)
      *LOL!*

      Cheers :D
       Pat Cook
      HOST - The Left Wing Conservative
      Denver, CO
      WEBSITE - http://www.wix.com/progressivemoderates/mainwix
      AUDIO PODCAST - http://theleftwingwingconservative.mevio.com/
      VIDEO PODCAST - http://tlwctv.mevio.com
      SKYPE LINE - leftyconservative
      TWITTER - http://twitter.com/libconservative
      FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/pages/leftyconservative/126700177352576
      VOICEMAIL - 206-350-2175

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 29, 2010
        Sounds like Mevio needs to start up a Mevio 2 then because I'm not terribly
        impressed with Podbean or Pod-O-Matic.  Plus, I'm already paying up the wazoo
        for all the stuff I do online anyway considering the fixed income I'm on so
        paying for podcasting when I don't have to at the present moment is something
        I'd rather not get into doing if you all know what I mean :)

        And BlipTV only hosts video podcasts, but at least I know I can always go back
        there for the TV shows (Especially since I don't believe the RSS feed URLs on
        UStream are podcast-enabled though I could be wrong)

        But yeah - Try downloading from iTunes.

        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 30, 2010
          I would have loved to sign up with Mevio, until I realized that they assume
          ownership of your work. Apparently that's in the TOS, and I assume it is
          why Cali Lewis had to discontinue her beloved "GeekBrief" podcast, and
          rename it "GeekBeat", when she left Mevio.

          On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 11:55 PM, Pat Cook <patsblogs@...> wrote:

          > Sounds like Mevio needs to start up a Mevio 2 then because I'm not terribly
          >
          > impressed with Podbean or Pod-O-Matic. Plus, I'm already paying up the
          > wazoo
          > for all the stuff I do online anyway considering the fixed income I'm on so
          >
          > paying for podcasting when I don't have to at the present moment is
          > something
          > I'd rather not get into doing if you all know what I mean :)
          >
          > And BlipTV only hosts video podcasts, but at least I know I can always go
          > back
          > there for the TV shows (Especially since I don't believe the RSS feed URLs
          > on
          > UStream are podcast-enabled though I could be wrong)
          >
          > But yeah - Try downloading from iTunes.
          >

          > Cheers :D
          > Pat Cook
          > HOST - The Left Wing Conservative
          > Denver, CO
          > WEBSITE - http://www.wix.com/progressivemoderates/mainwix
          > AUDIO PODCAST - http://theleftwingwingconservative.mevio.com/
          > VIDEO PODCAST - http://tlwctv.mevio.com
          > SKYPE LINE - leftyconservative
          > TWITTER - http://twitter.com/libconservative
          > FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/pages/leftyconservative/126700177352576
          > VOICEMAIL - 206-350-2175
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Pat Cook
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 30, 2010
            Well the difference between Cali's podcast & mine is she makes $$$ with her
            podcast whereas I do not.  That's a HUGE factor.

            So I guess it just depends on whether you expect to make a living with your
            podcast or not (I don't).

          • Cian Mac Mahon
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 30, 2010
              Or if you want somebody else to make a living off your work. Then go
              with mevio.

              Just host wherever you are hosting your blog, if you don't want to pay
              $60 a year for libsyn.

              Cian Mac Mahon
              www.CianMacMahon.com
            • Pat Cook
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 30, 2010
                Well unless and/or until I start making a living off my political talk show
                (Like THAT is going to happen anytime soon?  I don't think so), I'm not really
                worried about who hosts my podcast.

                That said though, I'll get on the PodcastAlley board (Mevio has its forum there)
                & mention the complaints everyone posted here over the last couple of days.