Re: [podcasters] Hi

  • Michael Butler
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 22, 2010
      Damn,

      I loaned him $1000. I hope he pays me back.

      On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 7:39 AM, Nobilis Reed <authornobilis@...>wrote:

      > I'll add that the 144 country code is assigned to the US, Canada, and
      > the Caribbean, not to Great Britain.
      >

      > On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Nobilis Reed <authornobilis@...<authornobilis%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      > > This is a scam that is running around the internet lately.
      > >
      > > I'm sure you all know about this already, but just in case, ignore it.
      > >
      > > I got the precisely identical email from a friend of mine two days ago.
      > >
      > > Mike needs to regain control of his gmail. Anyone who knows of means
      > > to contact Mike aside from his gmail account might want to do so, and
      > > let him know there's a problem.
      > >
      > > 2010/7/22 Mike Farley <mfarley@... <mfarley%40gmail.com>>:
      > >> Apologies for having to reach out to you like this, but I made a trip
      > early this week to London, UK and had my bags stolen from me with my
      > passport and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by letting
      > me fly without my passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel
      > bills. Unfortunately for me, I can't have access to funds without my credit
      > card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with
      > a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I
      > can give back as soon as I get in. I really need to be on the next available
      > flight.
      > >>
      > >> I can forward you details on how you can get the funds to me. You can
      > reach me via email or May field hotel's desk phone, the numbers are,
      > 011447024065511 or 011447024064567 or on my blackberry at
      > m_farley@... <m_farley%40rocketmail.com>
      > >>

      > >> I await your response...
      > >>
      > >> Mike

      > > Weekly audio stories -- Nobilis Erotica: http://nobilis.libsyn.com
      > > -----
      > > 99c short stories - http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Nobilis
      > > -----
      > > "Scouts" science fiction erotic romance -
      > > http://www.logical-lust.com/scouts.html
      > >

      > --
      > Weekly audio stories -- Nobilis Erotica: http://nobilis.libsyn.com
      > -----
      > 99c short stories - http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Nobilis
      > -----
      > "Scouts" science fiction erotic romance -
      > http://www.logical-lust.com/scouts.html

      The Rock and Roll Geek Network

      This is the real school of Rock!
      Interviews, Music and Talk From a
      Rock and Roll Geek

      http://www.rockandrollgeek.com
      Subscribe-
      http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=73331036
      Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/rnrgeek
      Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/rnrgeek
      Myspace- http://www.myspace.com/rockandrollgeek

    • Ed Morgan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 22, 2010
        I was thinking about just giving him all my credit card numbers and bank
        access codes, since I am sure he would only take a few bucks for cab fare
        and such.

        I would like to thank Nobilis for giving everyone the heads up though. Some
        people might have thought they were helping someone in real need. I usually
        stick to only helping people I actually know, and even then, after I have
        confirmed it with them directly using some other method than the Internet.
        There are too many of these scams out there, and even sending an e-mail to a
        friend can be redirected to the scammers most likely, so it just isn't a
        reliable means of confirmation. I am thinking of requiring they send a blood
        sample so I can run a DNA scan to be sure it is actually them. Is that going
        too far?

        Ed