Announcing the release of my first album, or, another podcaster makes good

  • crafterlag
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2010
      Hey folks, it's time to indulge in a little gratuitous self-promotion and wild backpattery, if you don't mind.

      I am super-excited to finally announce that, after 4 years of podcasting, I just released my first album on Magnatune! It's called Hypen, and it's a selection of ambient music originally produced and released on my podcast, Braindouche!.

      And, um, I'm not sure what else to say about it. I didn't start podcasting to make music, the music just kinda started happening because I was spending so much time playing with Audacity. I don't have much of an audience, so it's a bit of a shock to get told that there's a paying market for my stuff.

      Oh, here's something interesting. Right now, Hyphen is available through Magnatune.com and my site (really, bandcamp)(shut up, I was busy), but in a couple of weeks the little internet gnomes will finally deliver my album for sale in iTunes. I've decided not to take down the original episodes that released the tracks that now make up Hyphen. This means I'll be giving away and selling the same content in the same store at the same time. I'll let you folks know how that goes.

      So, blah blah blah Creative Commons blah blah blah take it and play it blah blah blah buy my shit blah blah blah oh dear god I'd love to come on your show and talk about stuff SO HARD.

      And if I haven't said it before, thank you for being awesome, podcaster group people, and teaching me lots of stuff over the last few years.

      -Mer

      http://www.braindouche.net/

      http://magnatune.com/artists/albums/brain-hyphen/

      http://braindouche.bandcamp.com/