Re: [podcasters] Re: Feed too large in Feedburner

  • Ben Straw
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 20, 2010
      here is what I see in my browser http://grab.by/52l0 this is your feed from your website
      this is feedburner http://grab.by/52l2

      Benjamin Straw - CEO Qetuo Media - http://Qetuo.me
      P: 1-304-449-4335
      Skype: n3bb3n
      Twitter: Twitter.com/nebben
      Want to Learn About Podcasting? - http://How2Podcast.com

      ________________________________
      From: cianmacmahon <cianmm@...>
      To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, June 20, 2010 1:01:48 PM
      Subject: [podcasters] Re: Feed too large in Feedburner

      Whoa.

      Looking at them in browser, they seem identical (other then Feedburner adding formatting and not cutting the posts off), items in the right order and everything, but if I add them both to a RSS reader, things on the feedburner feed are all out of order.

      That is very odd.

      I just checked, and feedburner is indeed reading the original powerpress feed.

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Ben Straw <Nebula1183@...> wrote:

      > The problem I see is that feedburner isnt pulling the right feed, just take look at them the content dont match.
      >

      > Benjamin Straw - CEO Qetuo Media - http://Qetuo.me
      > P: 1-304-449-4335
      > Skype: n3bb3n
      > Twitter: Twitter.com/nebben
      > Want to Learn About Podcasting? - http://How2Podcast.com
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Mike Sharpe
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 20, 2010
        What two 404?

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com <mailto:podcasters%40yahoogroups.com> , Ben Straw <Nebula1183@...> wrote:

        > The problem I see is that feedburner isnt pulling the right feed, just take look at them the content dont match.
        >

        > Benjamin Straw - CEO Qetuo Media - http://Qetuo.me
        > P: 1-304-449-4335
        > Skype: n3bb3n
        > Twitter: Twitter.com/nebben
        > Want to Learn About Podcasting? - http://How2Podcast.com
        >

        > ________________________________

      • cianmacmahon
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 20, 2010
          As far as I can tell, that's the same content. The browser is just creating a summery out of the shownotes text, while Feedburner is showing it all, then wrapping it up to make it look pretty.

          Look: Your site does it too. http://www.how2podcast.com/feed/ (your podpress feed, as far as I can tell) http://feeds.feedburner.com/How2Podcast (your feedburner feed)

          As far as I can tell it's normal and nothing to worry about.

        • cianmacmahon
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 20, 2010
            I didn't quite understand that, sorry.

            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Sharpe" <windytwit@...> wrote:

            > What two 404?

          • Walt Snider
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 2, 2010
              Sorry, I don't know if this has been mentioned... I'm about to go out but wanted to mention that feedburner wants your feeds less than 512k. Depending on how much extra info you keep in your feed, this could be 500 or 50 episodes worth. Hope this helps.

              Walt Snider
              (954) 779-6397
              www.WaltSnider.com