The June Scouting Podcast Update

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2010
      Here is a quick run down of the latest Cub and Boy Scouting themed podcasts from PTC Media:

      Around The Scouting Campfire #15
      The show begins with Buttons, the radical Boy Scout, looking through the Troop 68 photo albums. This leads to Scoutmaster Steve explaining his methods of creating a slideshow to be shown at an Eagle Scout's court of honor. Michael, an Boy Scout from Troop 68, shares his thoughts and a story or two about how he became an Eagle Scout. Buttons shares some facts about Eagle Scouts, along with a few jokes.

      An Hour A Week #228
      Planting trees, 100th anniversary items, Presidential rumors, Youth Protection training, some notes from the National meeting in May and lots of feedback.

      The Leaders Campfire #76
      BSA100 Part 2 - More BSA 100 celebrations, including a parade, a train, a car, a coin, and some new badges.

      The Scoutmaster Minute #57
      In this show we talk about what it takes to Deliver the Promise of Scouting.

      Mothers In Scouting Service #14 – Words To Live By
      In this round the table discussion we talk about spring recruiting and getting ready for the fall push. Topics include how our spring events did, and what we've learned along the way. Also included are Planning your Roundups, Boy Talks and 10 Steps to Successful Recruiting.

      True North #25
      1/4 of the way to 100…and still thirsting for scout knowledgeI go in depth about a post on the AHAW forum, telling my scouting story, so that you know that you're not alone.

      Melrose Scouting Productions (video) #88
      During the troop's 2001 Laughs for Lunch Show, the Jedi Patrol decided to participate and sing a song. What would they sing? Was their any question? It would have to be Weird Al's spoof on Lola, which he named Yoda. The rest is history.

      All these shows can be found at http://www.ptcmedia.net
      or through iTunes individually or on the group site at
      http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ptc-media-all-shows/id220050583
      Happy Scouting!