Re: [podcasters] Problem with updating feed image in iTunes

  • Brains Matter
    Message 1 of 7 , May 29, 2010
      Todd,

      It already had a different file name...

      OG

      --
      Brains Matter Podcast
      Melbourne, Australia
      email: mail@... | brainsmatterinbox@...
      podcast feed: iTunes or http://feeds2.feedburner.com/BrainsMatter
      web: http://www.brainsmatter.com/
      facebook: http://www.facebook.com/brainsmatterpodcast

      On 30/05/2010, at 6:12 AM, Todd Cochrane wrote:

      > Here is the trick and it is something we do automatically in PowerPress.
      > When you upload new album art through our interface 600x600 or 300x300
      > we rename it. This triggers iTunes to update your album art. If your
      > using the same filename you may wait a very long time. Podpress does not
      > do this and is the reason many people wait so long for their album art
      > to update. Make sure you rename the file before you upload it.
      >
      > Powerpress is available if you want to take a look at it we have well
      > surpassed all of the podpress features and actively maintain the plugin,
      > it's used now by most of the big networks..
      > http://www.blubrry.com/powerpress
      >
      > Brains Matter wrote:
      >>
      >> Hi all,
      >>
      >> I updated my logo image for my show back in January, and did an update
      >> on my RSS feed (wordpress, using podpress) - and found that using
      >> almost every RSS reader, it updated to the new logo. All the
      >> podcatchers I've checked have updated correctly, all except...
      >>
      >> iTunes.
      >>
      >> I thought perhaps it would take a week or so given that it is randomly
      >> slow, and I pinged iTunes, waited a few days, pinged via podpress,
      >> etc. but now, 5 months on - it still shows the old logo in iTunes.
      >>
      >> Has anyone had similar experiences, or can suggest what I may be able
      >> to do to push the new logo out to iTunes?
      >>
      >> OG
      >>
      >> --
      >> Brains Matter Podcast
      >> Melbourne, Australia
      >> email: mail@... <mailto:mail%40brainsmatter.com> |
      >> brainsmatterinbox@... <mailto:brainsmatterinbox%40gmail.com>
      >> podcast feed: iTunes or http://feeds2.feedburner.com/BrainsMatter
      >> web: http://www.brainsmatter.com/
      >> facebook: http://www.facebook.com/brainsmatterpodcast

    • crafterlag
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
        I have had that problem, and it frustrated me for months until I realized that iTunes was using my feedburner art for my listing. I completely forgot about my feedburner podcast descriptions.

        -Mer
        braindouche.net
        hotgluemedia.com
        areyoureallyreadingtheseaddresses.net

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
          I have had that problem, and it frustrated me for months until I realized that iTunes was using my feedburner art for my listing. I completely forgot about my feedburner podcast descriptions.

          it's also worth noting that feedburner podcast descriptions trump anything you put into podpress. learned that the hard way too.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
            I'd already updated my feedburner art (and everything else feedburner) though... it still didn't pick up...