Problem with updating feed image in iTunes

  • Brains Matter
    Message 1 of 7 , May 29, 2010
      Hi all,

      I updated my logo image for my show back in January, and did an update on my RSS feed (wordpress, using podpress) - and found that using almost every RSS reader, it updated to the new logo. All the podcatchers I've checked have updated correctly, all except...

      iTunes.

      I thought perhaps it would take a week or so given that it is randomly slow, and I pinged iTunes, waited a few days, pinged via podpress, etc. but now, 5 months on - it still shows the old logo in iTunes.

      Has anyone had similar experiences, or can suggest what I may be able to do to push the new logo out to iTunes?

      OG

      --
      Brains Matter Podcast
      Melbourne, Australia
      Message 2 of 7 , May 29, 2010
        I do believe that possibly iTunes uses a different enclosure for album
        art? Not sure about this though. I'm not sure if podpress has been
        recently updated, which might be an issue as well.

        Cian Mac Mahon
        www.CianMacMahon.com
      • Todd Cochrane
        Message 3 of 7 , May 29, 2010
          Here is the trick and it is something we do automatically in PowerPress.
          When you upload new album art through our interface 600x600 or 300x300
          we rename it. This triggers iTunes to update your album art. If your
          using the same filename you may wait a very long time. Podpress does not
          do this and is the reason many people wait so long for their album art
          to update. Make sure you rename the file before you upload it.

          Powerpress is available if you want to take a look at it we have well
          surpassed all of the podpress features and actively maintain the plugin,
          it's used now by most of the big networks..
          http://www.blubrry.com/powerpress

          Message 4 of 7 , May 29, 2010
            Todd,

            It already had a different file name...

            OG

            --

            On 30/05/2010, at 6:12 AM, Todd Cochrane wrote:

            > Here is the trick and it is something we do automatically in PowerPress.
            > When you upload new album art through our interface 600x600 or 300x300
            > we rename it. This triggers iTunes to update your album art. If your
            > using the same filename you may wait a very long time. Podpress does not
            > do this and is the reason many people wait so long for their album art
            > to update. Make sure you rename the file before you upload it.
            >
            > Powerpress is available if you want to take a look at it we have well
            > surpassed all of the podpress features and actively maintain the plugin,
            > it's used now by most of the big networks..
            > http://www.blubrry.com/powerpress
            >
            > Brains Matter wrote:
            >>
            >> Hi all,
            >>
            >> I updated my logo image for my show back in January, and did an update
            >> on my RSS feed (wordpress, using podpress) - and found that using
            >> almost every RSS reader, it updated to the new logo. All the
            >> podcatchers I've checked have updated correctly, all except...
            >>
            >> iTunes.
            >>
            >> I thought perhaps it would take a week or so given that it is randomly
            >> slow, and I pinged iTunes, waited a few days, pinged via podpress,
            >> etc. but now, 5 months on - it still shows the old logo in iTunes.
            >>
            >> Has anyone had similar experiences, or can suggest what I may be able
            >> to do to push the new logo out to iTunes?
            >>
            >> OG
            >>
            >> --
            >> Brains Matter Podcast
            >> Melbourne, Australia
            >> email: mail@... <mailto:mail%40brainsmatter.com> |
            >> brainsmatterinbox@... <mailto:brainsmatterinbox%40gmail.com>
            >> podcast feed: iTunes or http://feeds2.feedburner.com/BrainsMatter
            >> web: http://www.brainsmatter.com/
            >> facebook: http://www.facebook.com/brainsmatterpodcast

          • crafterlag
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
              I have had that problem, and it frustrated me for months until I realized that iTunes was using my feedburner art for my listing. I completely forgot about my feedburner podcast descriptions.

              -Mer
              braindouche.net
              hotgluemedia.com
              areyoureallyreadingtheseaddresses.net

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
                I have had that problem, and it frustrated me for months until I realized that iTunes was using my feedburner art for my listing. I completely forgot about my feedburner podcast descriptions.

                it's also worth noting that feedburner podcast descriptions trump anything you put into podpress. learned that the hard way too.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
                  I'd already updated my feedburner art (and everything else feedburner) though... it still didn't pick up...