Re: [podcasters] Re: Podbean

  • David Jackson
    Message 1 of 8 , May 28, 2010
      David,
      Thanks for the insight. In my travels I'm always helping people move, and in
      looking back they may not have been aware of these options (and chose the
      wrong one out of ignorance).

      Dave Jackson
      www.schoolofpodcasting.com

      On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 2:42 AM, podbean_com <dqxsc@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > Moreover, you can burn your Podbean feed with feedburner to get a feedburner
      > feed . You can decide which feed to submit to iTunes, Podbean one, your
      > own-domain one or feedburner one. Podbean does not automatically submit your
      > feed to iTunes. It's your call.
      >
      > Furthermore, you can get audio/video links that uploaded in Podbean and
      > embed the audios/videos in other site or feed.
      >
      > Couple other things, Podbean will do for you. Automatically, generate
      > mobile version Podcast site for you, support private protected podcasts,
      > promote your podcast in Podbean directory.
      >
      > If you are a popular podcast, Podbean unmetered plans can save you some
      > money. Libsyn and Podbean have similar plans. You may compare them.
      >
      > David
      >
      > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com <podcasters%40yahoogroups.com>, tim
      > <lovetoloveyou@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > MAYBE theres more to this podcasting lark than meets the eye...
      > >
      > > rss feeds, Ive seen them, but have nt yet figured out what they are !
      > > and what they do, Ill have to look them up in wiki some time .
      > >
      > > > To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com <podcasters%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > > From: jammindave@...
      > > > Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 16:08:41 -0400
      > > > Subject: Re: [podcasters] Podbean
      > > >
      > > > No,
      > > > Podbean does a lot of things "for you" that make it very hard to leave
      > them.
      > > > They submit your podcast to iTunes HORRIBLE - YOU should own that (or
      > am I
      > > > getting them confused with talkshoe...). They make you use THEIR RSS
      > feed.
      > > > HORRIBLE - YOU want control over your RSS feed. That feed is your
      > lifeline
      > > > to your people so if you ever want to move, you can. (Which is why I
      > use
      > > > feedburner, you just update feedburner and the listener nevers knows
      > > > something changed). There is no way to put a feedburner feed on a
      > podbean
      > > > site.
      > > >
      > > > The best podcasting solution is libsyn.com and a self
      > > > hosted<http://www.schoolofpodcasting.com/hosting>Wordpress blog. It
      > > > will run you around 20 bucks a month for both of those,
      > > > but you are in control, you have stats, and total flexibility etc.
      > > >
      > > > As a podcast consultant I've moved at least 5 people over the years
      > from
      > > > Podbean who were ready to "Start podcasting for real."
      > > >
      > > > Likewise, Amazon S3 seems so cheap for hosting media files. I
      > experimented
      > > > with them, and the last two months my "cheaper" bill has been over $40.
      > (see
      > > >
      > http://davidjackson.org/2010/05/26/why-and-how-im-moving-from-amazon-s3/for
      > > > more info).
      > > > so again I say, get some hosting, install wordpress, get some
      > libsyn.com and
      > > > avoid the "starter home" of hosting Podbean.

      Dave Jackson

    • Todd Cochrane
      Message 2 of 8 , May 29, 2010
        David

        You can still not use our stats with them, they have refused to even
        acknowledge us in multiple email request or their customers that have
        asked to use our stats.

        Todd..

      • Todd Cochrane
        Message 3 of 8 , May 29, 2010
          When will you allow your customers to start using our stats redirect so
          we can get them on advertising deals?