Re: [podcasters] Odeo?

  • Ben Straw
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 18, 2010
      The biggest problem your using libsyn as a webpage. Libsyn is meant to only be a host for the MP3 files and an rss.
      I would say the reason why people are having problems with the google player is
      1. Not having the latest version of adobe flash.
      2. Some software blacklisted the player.
      3. Browser not being updated.

      If I where you, I'd head on over to godaddy.com and pick up a domain, then head over to hostgator.com or bluehost.com and get a hosting package. Install wordpress, find a good theme, install blubrrys powerpress plugin, and import your posts from libsyn.

      Benjamin Straw - CEO Qetuo Media
      P: 1-304-449-4335
      Skype: n3bb3n
      Twitter: twitter.com/nebben

      Shows Produced by Qetuo Media - http://qetuo.me

      Ben's Tech Show - http://BensTechShow.com
      How 2 Podcast - http://How2Podcast.com
      Mac Tip Podcast - http://MacTipPodcast.com

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 18, 2010
        Solved all my problems today! (Well, my podcast technical problems,
        anyway).

        The reason a lot of computers weren't showing the google mp3 player with
        my podcasts is that I had not removed all the calls for the Odeo mp3
        player. So some operating systems or Windows versions or whatever were
        locking up when they couldn't find the Odeo website, and not skipping on
        to the next step, which was to grab the google player.

        I removed all references to Odeo from my code, and now google loads as it
        should, and everything plays correctly.

        Thanks for all your input, and I'm glad I don't have to do all the work
        it looked like I was facing.

        ---Dan, http://thetreasurecorner.com
        http://thesoftballcorner.com