Re: [podcasters] Re: AT&T internet service provider blocking iTunes subscriptions??

  • Kenn Crawford
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 17 9:38 PM
      I tried subscribing to your podcast in itunes and didn't have a problem
      either. But I did notice your itunes url did not have a title in it
      between the /podcast/ and the /id266594479 part

      Mine is listed as follows
      http://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/dead-hunt-a-free-audiobook/id362968244
      so it has the /dead-hunt-a-free-audiobook/ in between the "podcast" and
      "id" part

      I grabbed another podcast at random and got
      http://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/ssl4you-spanish-segunda-lengua/id125738422
      I tried a few others and they all have a title. Maybe that is what is
      getting them hung up? Anything is possible when it comes to itunes LOL

      I gave your link a title based on the name of your show and it brought
      me to your itunes page no problem.
      So try sending them to this link to subscribe instead
      http://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/voices-en-espanol/id266594479
      Then get them to click the blue "View in iTunes" button (NOT the logo
      for your show, the blue button.). That new page links to the itunes
      store WITH the title in the link. Maybe that will work for them.

      Personally I think its an issue with their firewall and not your feed.
      Maybe they recently installed Norton or something else that has taken
      control of their firewall. Not having issues downloading content from
      other podcasts is not a factor because they are already subscribed to
      them. Ask them to subscribe to a new podcast other than yours and see if
      they have the same issue.

      Kenn

      --

      The Offical Dead Hunt Site