Re: [podcasters] Re: AT&T internet service provider blocking iTunes subscriptions??

  • Shawn Thorpe
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 17 7:42 PM
      I subscribed using all three of your methods, through iTunes, and I had no
      problems. Are you certain that the 2 subscribers who contacted you with
      problems use AT&T as their ISP? Also, when I do a Google search for "TOS
      SSL" it asks me if I mean "TLS SSL." That's why I said it'd be best if you
      can get the exact error message that these users are receiving. Another
      approach would be to find out if these users have the same problem with ALL
      podcast feeds. If they are, then the problem's probably not your feed(s),
      but something on their end.

      --
      -Shawn Thorpe
      http://shawnogram.com/ - multimedia blog

    • Kenn Crawford
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 17 9:38 PM
        I tried subscribing to your podcast in itunes and didn't have a problem
        either. But I did notice your itunes url did not have a title in it
        between the /podcast/ and the /id266594479 part

        Mine is listed as follows
        http://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/dead-hunt-a-free-audiobook/id362968244
        so it has the /dead-hunt-a-free-audiobook/ in between the "podcast" and
        "id" part

        I grabbed another podcast at random and got
        http://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/ssl4you-spanish-segunda-lengua/id125738422
        I tried a few others and they all have a title. Maybe that is what is
        getting them hung up? Anything is possible when it comes to itunes LOL

        I gave your link a title based on the name of your show and it brought
        me to your itunes page no problem.
        So try sending them to this link to subscribe instead
        http://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/voices-en-espanol/id266594479
        Then get them to click the blue "View in iTunes" button (NOT the logo
        for your show, the blue button.). That new page links to the itunes
        store WITH the title in the link. Maybe that will work for them.

        Personally I think its an issue with their firewall and not your feed.
        Maybe they recently installed Norton or something else that has taken
        control of their firewall. Not having issues downloading content from
        other podcasts is not a factor because they are already subscribed to
        them. Ask them to subscribe to a new podcast other than yours and see if
        they have the same issue.

        Kenn

        --

        The Offical Dead Hunt Site