Re: Hello/Intro

  • thatbluejeansguy
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16, 2010
      Welcome to the group, Rick. You will find that you won't ever tire people by asking questions. Best wishes as you start this new podcasting venture, as well as on your tour!

      David Byrd
      Host of "That Blue Jeans Guy"
      http://thatbluejeansguy.com
      thatbluejeansguy@...
      Voice mail: 989-372-1489

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Rick Garrett <IndyRick@...> wrote:

      > Hello fellow Podcasters. I'm Rick in Indianapolis, and just signed onto
      > this list, and been reading through the archives.
      >
      > I'm a musician, and, for the last couple of years, a lot of our friends and
      > fans have been suggesting we start a podcast, and I think it's time to do
      > it.
      >
      > I've got lots of studio and recording experience, so that's not much of an
      > issue. However, I'm not the most computer literate person on the face of
      > the earth, so that's where the challenge is going to be for me.
      >
      > Our podcast is going to be a mix of interviews, music news, and
      > travelogue/storytelling. We travel a lot, and always meet interesting
      > people and visit odd and out of the way places. We traveled down old Route
      > 66 last summer playing music, and that's when the Podcast idea really came
      > to light, meeting people along the mother road.
      >
      > This summer, we'll be traveling all over the Midwest, and even taking a
      > cross country tour to Seattle and back..so the possibilities are almost
      > endless for us.
      >
      > I look forward to being a part of the list, and hope you don't get tired of
      > questions along the way. :)
      >
      > If I can help in the recording end of it in any way, I'd certainly be glad
      > to in any way I can. I also have some original and public domain music
      > (Celtic, Folk, Old Timey, Bluegrass), if you're looking for something for
      > your podcast, I'd certainly be glad to help in that area.
      >
      > When I'm not making music, I'm usually Geocaching, camping, bicycling, or
      > messing around on my ham radios.
      >
      > Thanks so much,
      > Rick
      >

      > --
      > Patchwork!
      > http://www.patchworkstringband.com
      >
      > Patchwork on YouTube:
      > http://www.youtube.com/patchworkstringband
      >
      > The Tenderloin Connoisseur:
      > http://breadedtenderloin.wordpress.com

    • Kenn Crawford
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2010
        Hi everyone,
        I open each episode of my podcast novelwith a different person
        introducing themselves, their book or podcast, and then reading the
        quick disclaimer that it contains coarse language etc etc :) The
        problem is I am running out of intros, so instead of just repeating the
        ones I already had I thought, why not ask the good folks here if you
        would like an opportunity to plug your podcast? So if you are
        interested in recording a quick intro to plug your podcast, email me at
        kenn at kenncrawford dot com

        Although the podiobooks.com feed does not have promos the feed from my
        website does. If you would like your promo played, send me a link to it
        as well. I will try to include you and/or your promo on a future episode
        - space permitting of course :) To hear samples of intros and how I
        promote/link people involved in Dead Hunt, visit
        http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com

        Thanks everyone,
        Kenn

        The Offical Dead Hunt Site