HTML5 audio and video player

  • Ben Straw
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 12, 2010
      Hey Guys, I just want to let you know I wrote a blog post about putting an HTML5 audio and video player within you blog post and still use the features of Blubrry's PowerPress
      http://www.how2podcast.com/articles/website/html5-get-your-podcast-website-ready-for-the-ipad-iphone/

      enjoy,

      Benjamin Straw - CEO Qetuo Media
      P: 1-304-449-4335
      Skype: n3bb3n
      Twitter: twitter.com/nebben

      Shows Produced by Qetuo Media - http://qetuo.me

      Ben's Tech Show - http://BensTechShow.com
      How 2 Podcast - http://How2Podcast.com
      Mac Tip Podcast - http://MacTipPodcast.com

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 12, 2010
        What Ben said is great advice. Cheap power supplies are just not good in
        the long run. Make sure you're computer has plenty of juice so if you
        need 300 watts of power for your computer get a 400w power supply. I
        second Ben's suggestion of getting a power conditioner. I have 4 in my
        studio and I would not dream of plugging anything directly into the wall
        when it comes to recording/computer gear.

        Kenn

        ______________________________________

        The Offical Dead Hunt Site
        http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com

        Dead Hunt on Podiobooks.com
        http://www.podiobooks.com/title/dead-hunt

        Kenn's Homepage and Blog
        http://kenncrawford.com
        Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenncrawford
        Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kenn.crawford

        Ben Straw wrote:
        > All the things that Kenn talked about are great suggestions on eliminating the DC hum are way more effective then just replacing a power supply. But the reason I brought up the power supply is the OEM (original equipment manufacture) shops around for the cheapest power supply's they can buy. Buying a good name brand power supply will reduce the chance of getting a cheap one and just might take the hum out of the line.
        > Also buying a power conditioner or a backup battery for your computer will help.
        >
        > Benjamin Straw - CEO Qetuo Media
        > P: 1-304-449-4335
        > Skype: n3bb3n
        > Twitter: twitter.com/nebben
        >

        > Shows Produced by Qetuo Media - http://qetuo.me
        >

        > Ben's Tech Show - http://BensTechShow.com
        > How 2 Podcast - http://How2Podcast.com
        > Mac Tip Podcast - http://MacTipPodcast.com
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Reggie_six
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 12, 2010
          Kenn

          1. The following are plugged into USB ports. Mouse , Keyboard, Printer and external USB drive. (I disconnected the Webcam)

          2. I record in the family and have the PC on as well as a fish tank and overhead incandescent lights. I turned the fish tank off, but that did not help.

          3. The fridge is running in the kitchen but it is on
          a separate circuit.

          When you talk about uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, I assume that you mean for the Mike, right?

          Thanks for the reply
          Reggie Gates

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Kenn Crawford <kenn@...> wrote:

          > Hi Reggie,
          > Do you have other things plugged into USB ports like a mouse or keyboard?
          > If you have an optical (laser) mouse, that can cause problems with
          > recording via USB ports.
          > Where in the house are you located and what do you have turned on?
          > Dimmer switches for lights are just bad when recording as are florescent
          > lights. Some house-hold appliances create what is called a 60-cycle hum
          > - I have to turn my fridge off if I want to record :)
          > If you are using Windows, try uninstalling the drivers, clean the temp
          > files, completely remove it from the registry and do a gold boot and
          > reinstall the mic.
          >
          > Kenn

        • Reggie_six
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 12, 2010
            Kenn

            1. The following are plugged into USB ports. Mouse , Keyboard, Printer and external USB drive. (I disconnected the Webcam)

            2. I record in the family and have the PC on as well as a fish tank and overhead incandescent lights. I turned the fish tank off, but that did not help.

            3. The fridge is running in the kitchen but it is on
            a separate circuit.

            When you talk about uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, I assume that you mean for the Mike, right?

            Thanks for the reply
            Reggie Gates

            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Kenn Crawford <kenn@...> wrote:

            > Hi Reggie,
            > Do you have other things plugged into USB ports like a mouse or keyboard?
            > If you have an optical (laser) mouse, that can cause problems with
            > recording via USB ports.
            > Where in the house are you located and what do you have turned on?
            > Dimmer switches for lights are just bad when recording as are florescent
            > lights. Some house-hold appliances create what is called a 60-cycle hum
            > - I have to turn my fridge off if I want to record :)
            > If you are using Windows, try uninstalling the drivers, clean the temp
            > files, completely remove it from the registry and do a gold boot and
            > reinstall the mic.
            >
            > Kenn

          • Kenn Crawford
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 12, 2010
              The printer should not matter, nor should the mouse and keyboard unless
              the mouse is optical. Some cause interference, especially if you move
              it. Start a recording and with the recording still going, unplug the
              mouse. Wait a few seconds and plug it in and stop the recording. If the
              noise stopped, its your mouse. The lights shouldn't be a problem unless
              they are on a dimmer. Do the same test. Let the mic record, turn off
              lights. If the noise stops, its the lights (dimmer).
              Other things to check is if there are electrial wires/extension cords
              running next to the mic cable. That could cause problems.
              When you ruled out external problems, it could be the driver.

              Windows has a nasty habit of installing its own driver regardless of
              what you tell it to do.
              Click start run
              and type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. That will launch your device manager.
              Click on Sound, Video and Game Controllers
              Your mic should be listed by name. If it says USB Audio, its the wrong
              driver.
              Right click it, select Update Driver
              Select No, Not This Time then Next
              Select Install from a list... then Next
              Select Don't search... then Next
              The name of your mic should now be listed. It may even say USB Audio
              Device. Highlight your mic, click Next and finish.
              Try a new recording.

              If you are still getting noise, go back into the device manager and
              unistall the device and unplug it.
              Click start Run and type %temp% and delete everything in that window
              Click Start Run and type Prefetch and delete everything in that window
              Empty the recycle bin and turn computer off. Wait 30 seconds and turn it
              back on. When it finishes starting, plug in the mic and install it.
              Verify that it is listed by name and do another test recording.
              If still noisy, go back into your device manager and check your usb
              ports and update the drivers. You should manually check for your windows
              updates.
              STart Run and type wupdmgr and hit enter
              Click on Custom and see if anything is listed for hardware.
              Anything for soundcard, USB ports, audio etc should all be updated to
              the latest drivers. Make sure your soundcard is updated as well.

              Depending on where your soundcard is located in your computer it might
              cuase problems. If it is a PCI card, try moving it to a different slot.
              Unintsall it first, shut the computer down, then move the card. If it is
              a PCI card, have you disabled the built-in audio in your bios since you
              no longer use it? If they are both using the s ame IRQ it could cause
              problems, so disable it if it's not being used.

              If you are still getting noise you might want to consider moving the pc
              to a different power outlet just to check that its not the power itself.
              Long extension cords reduce amperage to the pc and can cause problems.
              If you are still getting noise you should check the forums for your make
              and model mic for additional troubleshooting steps and consider picking
              up a better power supply for your computer if it is a tower.

              Its also worth noting that if you crank the input beyond what you really
              need, it will be noisy simply because it doesn't have to be that loud. I
              haven't heard an actual recording, I don't know how you are recording it
              or your experience with it, so I'm just trying to cover all the basics.
              So try the steps above anf if it's still noisy, record a short file of
              you talking for about 30 seconds and email it to me at kenn at
              kenncrawford dot com so I can hear what kind of noise you are getting.

              Kenn

              ______________________________________

              The Offical Dead Hunt Site
              http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com

              Dead Hunt on Podiobooks.com
              http://www.podiobooks.com/title/dead-hunt

              Kenn's Homepage and Blog
              http://kenncrawford.com
              Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenncrawford
              Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kenn.crawford
            • Will Brown
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 13, 2010
                Ben, thanks so much for providing info about this plugin. This is something
                that a few of us have been thinking about.
                Especially since Firefox only supports HTML5 with OGG Vorbis and not MP3.
                This looks like it could do the trick.
                Thanks again.

                Will
                http://www.CloudyDayArt.com - Poetry Podcast