Re: [podcasters] Podcast episode via wordpress stopped including audio

  • David Jackson
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
      Make sure the URL to the audio is correct in those episodes. Copy the URL,
      open windows media player (if you're on a PC) and press CTRL+U and then
      paste the URL of the media. If it plays, its good. It is doesn't there is
      something wrong with the media, or a typo in the path.

      Dave Jackson
      www.schoolofpodcasting.com

      --
      Dave Jackson

    • Kenn Crawford
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
        Thanks David but that was the first thing I checked. I can manually play
        the episodes from the website so it's not a link problem.

        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
          You solved it Shawn. Thank you. I don't know how you got that link
          http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com/?feed=rss2 but you da man!
          I try validating my source and it didn't. I went in to edit feed
          details, added the link you posted and ta-da, it validated and worked. I
          resubscribed through itunes and got all 8 episodes.
          THANK YOU so very much!!

          Kenn

        • Shawn Thorpe
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
            You're welcome for the assistance. By default, WordPress generates
            information in your site's header that lets web browsers automatically sniff
            out RSS/ATOM feeds. Firefox took me right to your source feed, so it was a
            just a matter of figuring out if the problem was with the source or with
            Feedburner.

            On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Kenn Crawford <kenn@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > >> posted it to my "blog" in wordpress. I followed the exact same steps
            > >> every time yet after episode #6, the episodes are not available in the
            > >> feed (no audio). I checked and double checked the settings, including
            > >> the html, and compared it to episodes that did make it to itunes and
            > >> other podcatchers and I can't find out what went wrong.
            > >> The feed I am using is this:
            > >> http://feeds.feedburner.com/DeadHunt
            > >> When I copy/paste the feed into my browser it shows all the information
            > >> for the episodes, but the audio stopped being embedded after episode 6.
            > >> I ran out of ideas. People are starting to unsubscribe thinking I
            > >> stopped updating the book when the updates are there, there's just no
            > >> audio getting through and it's quite frustrating.
            > >> The website is http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com
            > >> I must be overlooking somethng but I can't find the problem. Any help

            http://shawnogram.com/ - multimedia blog
            http://booksandwich.com/ - book reviews and more
            http://haikuoffrustration.com/ - submit your own!

          • Kenn Crawford
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
              Thanks. The problem was me - I don't know what I am doing half the time
              and the other half I'm doing it wrong LOL
              Learning about feeds and feedburner and installing and figuring out
              Wordpress and podcasting a novel all at the same time is a bit
              overwhelming for my wee little brain. I shoulda stuck to writing songs
              and recording - at least I known what I am doing in that arena LOL

              Thanks again Shawn,
              Kenn