Re: [podcasters] Storage and Download for Large Audio Files?

  • David Jackson
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
      Thanks I sent that from my phone and didn't realized it had "corrected" me.
      Amazon S3 is correct.

      Dave Jackson
      www.schoolofpodcasting.com

      On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Ben Straw <Nebula1183@...> wrote:

      > I think what Dave is trying to say is Amazon S3 http://aws.amazon.com/s3/
      > You could also use e-junkie.com they store and sell your stuff and the
      > price isnt that bad
      >
      > Benjamin Straw - CEO Qetuo Media
      > P: 1-304-449-4335
      > Skype: n3bb3n
      > Twitter: twitter.com/nebben
      >
      > Shows Produced by Qetuo Media - http://qetuo.me
      >
      > Ben's Tech Show - http://BensTechShow.com
      > How 2 Podcast - http://How2Podcast.com
      > Mac Tip Podcast - http://MacTipPodcast.com
      >
      > ________________________________

      Dave Jackson

    • David Jackson
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
        Make sure the URL to the audio is correct in those episodes. Copy the URL,
        open windows media player (if you're on a PC) and press CTRL+U and then
        paste the URL of the media. If it plays, its good. It is doesn't there is
        something wrong with the media, or a typo in the path.

        --
        Dave Jackson

      • Kenn Crawford
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
          Thanks David but that was the first thing I checked. I can manually play
          the episodes from the website so it's not a link problem.

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
            You solved it Shawn. Thank you. I don't know how you got that link
            http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com/?feed=rss2 but you da man!
            I try validating my source and it didn't. I went in to edit feed
            details, added the link you posted and ta-da, it validated and worked. I
            resubscribed through itunes and got all 8 episodes.
            THANK YOU so very much!!

            Kenn

          • Shawn Thorpe
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
              You're welcome for the assistance. By default, WordPress generates
              information in your site's header that lets web browsers automatically sniff
              out RSS/ATOM feeds. Firefox took me right to your source feed, so it was a
              just a matter of figuring out if the problem was with the source or with
              Feedburner.

              On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Kenn Crawford <kenn@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > >> posted it to my "blog" in wordpress. I followed the exact same steps
              > >> every time yet after episode #6, the episodes are not available in the
              > >> feed (no audio). I checked and double checked the settings, including
              > >> the html, and compared it to episodes that did make it to itunes and
              > >> other podcatchers and I can't find out what went wrong.
              > >> The feed I am using is this:
              > >> http://feeds.feedburner.com/DeadHunt
              > >> When I copy/paste the feed into my browser it shows all the information
              > >> for the episodes, but the audio stopped being embedded after episode 6.
              > >> I ran out of ideas. People are starting to unsubscribe thinking I
              > >> stopped updating the book when the updates are there, there's just no
              > >> audio getting through and it's quite frustrating.
              > >> The website is http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com
              > >> I must be overlooking somethng but I can't find the problem. Any help

              http://shawnogram.com/ - multimedia blog
              http://booksandwich.com/ - book reviews and more
              http://haikuoffrustration.com/ - submit your own!

            • Kenn Crawford
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
                Thanks. The problem was me - I don't know what I am doing half the time
                and the other half I'm doing it wrong LOL
                Learning about feeds and feedburner and installing and figuring out
                Wordpress and podcasting a novel all at the same time is a bit
                overwhelming for my wee little brain. I shoulda stuck to writing songs
                and recording - at least I known what I am doing in that arena LOL

                Thanks again Shawn,
                Kenn