Podcast episode via wordpress stopped including audio

  • Kenn Crawford
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 4 5:57 PM
      Hi folks,
      I setup a feed for my audiobook and each time I released an episode I
      posted it to my "blog" in wordpress. I followed the exact same steps
      every time yet after episode #6, the episodes are not available in the
      feed (no audio). I checked and double checked the settings, including
      the html, and compared it to episodes that did make it to itunes and
      other podcatchers and I can't find out what went wrong.
      The feed I am using is this:
      http://feeds.feedburner.com/DeadHunt
      When I copy/paste the feed into my browser it shows all the information
      for the episodes, but the audio stopped being embedded after episode 6.
      I ran out of ideas. People are starting to unsubscribe thinking I
      stopped updating the book when the updates are there, there's just no
      audio getting through and it's quite frustrating.
      The website is http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com
      I must be overlooking somethng but I can't find the problem. Any help
      you can offer is appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Kenn

      --
      ______________________________________

      The Offical Dead Hunt Site
      http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com

      Dead Hunt on Podiobooks.com
      http://www.podiobooks.com/title/dead-hunt

      Kenn's Homepage and Blog
      http://kenncrawford.com
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenncrawford
      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kenn.crawford
    • Shawn Thorpe
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 4 6:29 PM
        To test it out, I sub'd to your Feedburner feed in iTunes, and you're right.
        It's stuck at episode 6.

        Is this the URL to your source feed for the Feedburner feed?
        http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com/?feed=rss2
        Because this feed contains everything through episode 8, and I just sub'd to
        it in my iTunes to test it out, and it's got everything through episode 8.

        If you click the Troubleshootize tab in your Feedburner account, you can
        scroll down and hit the Resync button. This might fix your problem. Have you
        tried that yet?

        On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Kenn Crawford <kenn@...> wrote:

        > Hi folks,
        > I setup a feed for my audiobook and each time I released an episode I
        > posted it to my "blog" in wordpress. I followed the exact same steps
        > every time yet after episode #6, the episodes are not available in the
        > feed (no audio). I checked and double checked the settings, including
        > the html, and compared it to episodes that did make it to itunes and
        > other podcatchers and I can't find out what went wrong.
        > The feed I am using is this:
        > http://feeds.feedburner.com/DeadHunt
        > When I copy/paste the feed into my browser it shows all the information
        > for the episodes, but the audio stopped being embedded after episode 6.
        > I ran out of ideas. People are starting to unsubscribe thinking I
        > stopped updating the book when the updates are there, there's just no
        > audio getting through and it's quite frustrating.
        > The website is http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com
        > I must be overlooking somethng but I can't find the problem. Any help
        > you can offer is appreciated.
        > Thanks,
        > Kenn

        > The Offical Dead Hunt Site
        > http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com
        >
        > Dead Hunt on Podiobooks.com
        > http://www.podiobooks.com/title/dead-hunt
        >
        > Kenn's Homepage and Blog
        > http://kenncrawford.com
        > Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenncrawford
        > Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kenn.crawford

        --
        -Shawn Thorpe
        http://shawnogram.com/ - multimedia blog
        http://booksandwich.com/ - book reviews and more
        http://haikuoffrustration.com/ - submit your own!

      • David Jackson
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 4 6:53 PM
          Thanks I sent that from my phone and didn't realized it had "corrected" me.
          Amazon S3 is correct.

          Dave Jackson
          www.schoolofpodcasting.com

          On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Ben Straw <Nebula1183@...> wrote:

          > I think what Dave is trying to say is Amazon S3 http://aws.amazon.com/s3/
          > You could also use e-junkie.com they store and sell your stuff and the
          > price isnt that bad
          >
          > Benjamin Straw - CEO Qetuo Media
          > P: 1-304-449-4335
          > Skype: n3bb3n
          > Twitter: twitter.com/nebben
          >
          > Shows Produced by Qetuo Media - http://qetuo.me
          >
          > Ben's Tech Show - http://BensTechShow.com
          > How 2 Podcast - http://How2Podcast.com
          > Mac Tip Podcast - http://MacTipPodcast.com
          >
          > ________________________________

          Dave Jackson

        • David Jackson
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 4 6:55 PM
            Make sure the URL to the audio is correct in those episodes. Copy the URL,
            open windows media player (if you're on a PC) and press CTRL+U and then
            paste the URL of the media. If it plays, its good. It is doesn't there is
            something wrong with the media, or a typo in the path.

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 4 7:12 PM
              Thanks David but that was the first thing I checked. I can manually play
              the episodes from the website so it's not a link problem.

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 4 7:16 PM
                You solved it Shawn. Thank you. I don't know how you got that link
                http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com/?feed=rss2 but you da man!
                I try validating my source and it didn't. I went in to edit feed
                details, added the link you posted and ta-da, it validated and worked. I
                resubscribed through itunes and got all 8 episodes.
                THANK YOU so very much!!

                Kenn

                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 4 7:42 PM
                  You're welcome for the assistance. By default, WordPress generates
                  information in your site's header that lets web browsers automatically sniff
                  out RSS/ATOM feeds. Firefox took me right to your source feed, so it was a
                  just a matter of figuring out if the problem was with the source or with
                  Feedburner.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 4 7:53 PM
                    Thanks. The problem was me - I don't know what I am doing half the time
                    and the other half I'm doing it wrong LOL
                    Learning about feeds and feedburner and installing and figuring out
                    Wordpress and podcasting a novel all at the same time is a bit
                    overwhelming for my wee little brain. I shoulda stuck to writing songs
                    and recording - at least I known what I am doing in that arena LOL

                    Thanks again Shawn,
                    Kenn