Re: [podcasters] Storage and Download for Large Audio Files?

  • Richard Amirault
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
      From: "misterj"
      > I am in the process of creating digital content for sale online, and need
      > a place to host the audio files for download by buyers. My shopping cart
      > service doesn't allow for large files. Can anyone suggest a service that
      > could serve as a "storage and distribution" facility? By the way, the
      > product is a set of 22 one-hour interviews with top book marketing
      > experts.

      No one has asked ... how large are your "large files"?

      Richard Amirault
      N1JDU
      http://bostonfandom.org
    • Ben Straw
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
        I think what Dave is trying to say is Amazon S3 http://aws.amazon.com/s3/
        You could also use e-junkie.com they store and sell your stuff and the price isnt that bad

        Benjamin Straw - CEO Qetuo Media
        P: 1-304-449-4335
        Skype: n3bb3n
        Twitter: twitter.com/nebben

        Shows Produced by Qetuo Media - http://qetuo.me

        Ben's Tech Show - http://BensTechShow.com
        How 2 Podcast - http://How2Podcast.com
        Mac Tip Podcast - http://MacTipPodcast.com

        ________________________________
        I am in the process of creating digital content for sale online, and need a
        place to host the audio files for download by buyers. My shopping cart
        service doesn't allow for large files. Can anyone suggest a service that
        could serve as a "storage and distribution" facility? By the way, the
        product is a set of 22 one-hour interviews with top book marketing experts.

        Thanks in advance,
        Peter

      • Kenn Crawford
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
          Hi folks,
          I setup a feed for my audiobook and each time I released an episode I
          posted it to my "blog" in wordpress. I followed the exact same steps
          every time yet after episode #6, the episodes are not available in the
          feed (no audio). I checked and double checked the settings, including
          the html, and compared it to episodes that did make it to itunes and
          other podcatchers and I can't find out what went wrong.
          The feed I am using is this:
          http://feeds.feedburner.com/DeadHunt
          When I copy/paste the feed into my browser it shows all the information
          for the episodes, but the audio stopped being embedded after episode 6.
          I ran out of ideas. People are starting to unsubscribe thinking I
          stopped updating the book when the updates are there, there's just no
          audio getting through and it's quite frustrating.
          The website is http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com
          I must be overlooking somethng but I can't find the problem. Any help
          you can offer is appreciated.
          Thanks,
          Kenn

          --
          ______________________________________

          The Offical Dead Hunt Site
          http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com

          Dead Hunt on Podiobooks.com
          http://www.podiobooks.com/title/dead-hunt

          Kenn's Homepage and Blog
          http://kenncrawford.com
          Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenncrawford
          Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kenn.crawford
        • Shawn Thorpe
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
            To test it out, I sub'd to your Feedburner feed in iTunes, and you're right.
            It's stuck at episode 6.

            Is this the URL to your source feed for the Feedburner feed?
            http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com/?feed=rss2
            Because this feed contains everything through episode 8, and I just sub'd to
            it in my iTunes to test it out, and it's got everything through episode 8.

            If you click the Troubleshootize tab in your Feedburner account, you can
            scroll down and hit the Resync button. This might fix your problem. Have you
            tried that yet?

            On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Kenn Crawford <kenn@...> wrote:

            > Hi folks,
            > I setup a feed for my audiobook and each time I released an episode I
            > posted it to my "blog" in wordpress. I followed the exact same steps
            > every time yet after episode #6, the episodes are not available in the
            > feed (no audio). I checked and double checked the settings, including
            > the html, and compared it to episodes that did make it to itunes and
            > other podcatchers and I can't find out what went wrong.
            > The feed I am using is this:
            > http://feeds.feedburner.com/DeadHunt
            > When I copy/paste the feed into my browser it shows all the information
            > for the episodes, but the audio stopped being embedded after episode 6.
            > I ran out of ideas. People are starting to unsubscribe thinking I
            > stopped updating the book when the updates are there, there's just no
            > audio getting through and it's quite frustrating.
            > The website is http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com
            > I must be overlooking somethng but I can't find the problem. Any help
            > you can offer is appreciated.
            > Thanks,
            > Kenn

            > The Offical Dead Hunt Site
            > http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com
            >
            > Dead Hunt on Podiobooks.com
            > http://www.podiobooks.com/title/dead-hunt
            >
            > Kenn's Homepage and Blog
            > http://kenncrawford.com
            > Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenncrawford
            > Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kenn.crawford

            --
            -Shawn Thorpe
            http://shawnogram.com/ - multimedia blog
            http://booksandwich.com/ - book reviews and more
            http://haikuoffrustration.com/ - submit your own!

          • David Jackson
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
              Thanks I sent that from my phone and didn't realized it had "corrected" me.
              Amazon S3 is correct.

              On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Ben Straw <Nebula1183@...> wrote:

              > I think what Dave is trying to say is Amazon S3 http://aws.amazon.com/s3/
              > You could also use e-junkie.com they store and sell your stuff and the
              > price isnt that bad
              >
              > Benjamin Straw - CEO Qetuo Media
              > P: 1-304-449-4335
              > Skype: n3bb3n
              > Twitter: twitter.com/nebben
              >
              > Shows Produced by Qetuo Media - http://qetuo.me
              >
              > Ben's Tech Show - http://BensTechShow.com
              > How 2 Podcast - http://How2Podcast.com
              > Mac Tip Podcast - http://MacTipPodcast.com
              >
              > ________________________________

              Dave Jackson

            • David Jackson
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
                Make sure the URL to the audio is correct in those episodes. Copy the URL,
                open windows media player (if you're on a PC) and press CTRL+U and then
                paste the URL of the media. If it plays, its good. It is doesn't there is
                something wrong with the media, or a typo in the path.

                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
                  Thanks David but that was the first thing I checked. I can manually play
                  the episodes from the website so it's not a link problem.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
                    You solved it Shawn. Thank you. I don't know how you got that link
                    http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com/?feed=rss2 but you da man!
                    I try validating my source and it didn't. I went in to edit feed
                    details, added the link you posted and ta-da, it validated and worked. I
                    resubscribed through itunes and got all 8 episodes.
                    THANK YOU so very much!!

                    Kenn

                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
                      You're welcome for the assistance. By default, WordPress generates
                      information in your site's header that lets web browsers automatically sniff
                      out RSS/ATOM feeds. Firefox took me right to your source feed, so it was a
                      just a matter of figuring out if the problem was with the source or with
                      Feedburner.

                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 4, 2010
                        Thanks. The problem was me - I don't know what I am doing half the time
                        and the other half I'm doing it wrong LOL
                        Learning about feeds and feedburner and installing and figuring out
                        Wordpress and podcasting a novel all at the same time is a bit
                        overwhelming for my wee little brain. I shoulda stuck to writing songs
                        and recording - at least I known what I am doing in that arena LOL

                        Thanks again Shawn,
                        Kenn