Re: [podcasters] how long do people listen...?

  • Nobilis Reed
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2010
      On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 12:02 AM, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:

      > These days it's less of an issue; the podcast bubble has popped, and
      > no one really believes any more that there are billions to be made in
      > podcast advertising, so intrusive analytics don't have any momentum.
      > You'll just have to do what every other podcaster does: put your stuff
      > out there, and trust that people will listen if they like it.

      On that score, listen to the example of the "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me"
      podcast (and radio program, for that matter). They reserve one tiny
      bit of content, their funny predictions about what's going to be in
      the news the following week, to come directly after the closing
      credits. They want people to listen to that, so they bracket it on
      either side with stuff that folks will find entertaining.

      Another one to listen to is the "Gearheart" podcast novel, which ends
      each episode with a funny steampunk-ish Victorian-ish fake
      advertisement.

      I'm still trying to figure out how to make that technique work for me.

      -----
      The Nobilis Erotica podcast is now open for submissions - read the
      submission guidelines at
      http://nobiliserotica.com/site/2009/submission-guidelines/