Re: [podcasters] Available for voice work -

  • Kenn Crawford
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28 9:41 AM
      If anyone needs a female voice for their project, get Kimi!!!
      She plays the lead role of "Lucy" in the podiobook version of my novel,
      Dead Hunt, and I could not imagine anyone else voicing the role. In
      fact, I started writing a new novel that was inspired by her voice. But
      I'm just some unknown author you have never heard of endorsing someone
      who has worked on my project so what weight does that really carry,
      right? Well.... I am a new and unknown author who was the V.P. of
      Production for an advertising company and I heard and recorded voices on
      a daily basis. I ran a recording studio. But don't take my word for it -
      go to her website, listen to her voice and discover for yourself that it
      doesn't matter if it's a promo for your podcast, a bumper for your radio
      station or a major character in your book, you will not be disappointed
      with what Kimi can deliver.

      Kenn

      --
      ______________________________________

      The Offical Dead Hunt Site
      http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com

      Dead Hunt on Podiobooks.com
      http://www.podiobooks.com/title/dead-hunt

      Kenn's Homepage and Blog
      http://kenncrawford.com
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenncrawford
      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kenn.crawford
    • Craig Kraemer
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 28 7:41 PM
        I am sure this has been addressed already so please bear with them.
        Is there a web tracking software that can monitor the duration people
        listen to my mp3 files?
        Thanks
        Craig
      • Nobilis Reed
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 28 7:50 PM
          Not on their iPods or mp3 players, which is how podcasts are intended
          to be listened to.

          There might be sophisticated flash players for your website that might
          track that information. Mine doesn't.

          On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Craig Kraemer
          <craigk@...> wrote:
          > I am sure this has been addressed already so please bear with them.
          > Is there a web tracking software that can monitor the duration people
          > listen to my mp3 files?
          > Thanks
          > Craig

          -----
          The Nobilis Erotica podcast is now open for submissions - read the
          submission guidelines at
          http://nobiliserotica.com/site/2009/submission-guidelines/
        • p_holyfield_9999
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 28 7:51 PM
            Do you mean if you have a ten minute episode, do they stop after 3 minutes?

            As far as I know, once your file has been downloaded there is no way to automatically track if the file is ever listened to, much less how much they listen to the file.

            --P.G. Holyfield

            Murder at Avedon Hill - will be released on May 20th, 2010 on Amazon.com.

            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Craig Kraemer <craigk@...> wrote:

            > I am sure this has been addressed already so please bear with them.
            > Is there a web tracking software that can monitor the duration people
            > listen to my mp3 files?
            > Thanks
            > Craig

          • Craig Kraemer
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 28 7:58 PM
              Thanks Nobilis.

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 28 9:02 PM
                <craigk@...> wrote:
                > I am sure this has been addressed already so please bear with them.
                > Is there a web tracking software that can monitor the duration people
                > listen to my mp3 files?

                It's been tried. There was once a startup called PodBridge that made
                an iTunes plugin that would report back on when you listened, how long
                you listened, etc. They got several million in funding for this in
                2007.[*] They're not around any more.

                Nielsen (the TV ratings people) have also worked on this, and Rob
                Walch and I once wrote up a detailed business plan to tackle the
                problem. Being able to answer "Are people really listening all the
                way through?" is the Holy Grail of podcast advertising. I had some
                interesting ideas on how to hook into the iTunes metadata.

                The basic problem, though, is this: Who's going to install your
                tracking plugin? WHY are they going to install your tracking plugin?

                Put yourself in the place of a casual listener. Would YOU agree to
                let some podcaster's software mess around inside your iTunes? What's
                your immediate visceral reaction to the idea?

                You need to have some motivation for people to voluntarily give up
                some of their privacy. PodBridge tried to do it by locking up the
                podcasts themselves, and making you download the plugin to to get the
                content. They failed. (They were also charging high fees for this
                dumb idea, mostly to corporations.) I believe Nielsen was paying
                people. The plan Rob and I had also involved bribery, but it didn't
                go anywhere.

                These days it's less of an issue; the podcast bubble has popped, and
                no one really believes any more that there are billions to be made in
                podcast advertising, so intrusive analytics don't have any momentum.
                You'll just have to do what every other podcaster does: put your stuff
                out there, and trust that people will listen if they like it.

                [* http://techcrunch.com/2007/04/23/podbridge-podcast-advertising-analytics-gets-8-5-million-series-b/
                ]

                http://www.escapepod.org
              • Nobilis Reed
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 28 9:10 PM
                  On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 12:02 AM, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:

                  > These days it's less of an issue; the podcast bubble has popped, and
                  > no one really believes any more that there are billions to be made in
                  > podcast advertising, so intrusive analytics don't have any momentum.
                  > You'll just have to do what every other podcaster does: put your stuff
                  > out there, and trust that people will listen if they like it.

                  On that score, listen to the example of the "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me"
                  podcast (and radio program, for that matter). They reserve one tiny
                  bit of content, their funny predictions about what's going to be in
                  the news the following week, to come directly after the closing
                  credits. They want people to listen to that, so they bracket it on
                  either side with stuff that folks will find entertaining.

                  Another one to listen to is the "Gearheart" podcast novel, which ends
                  each episode with a funny steampunk-ish Victorian-ish fake
                  advertisement.

                  I'm still trying to figure out how to make that technique work for me.

                  -----