Available for voice work -

  • Kimiko Alexandre
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2010
      Hi guys

      It's Kimi from TaleChasing and Guardians Novel!

      Long time no hear right?
      Things are still going with the podcast and I'm getting ready to do a show
      on both explaining my absence, but I wanted to write and let you all know
      that my voice work is taking off and I'm professional now! ;)

      I'm doing lots of promos, trailers, and audiobooks. I wanted to mention my
      voice website for feedback and just to show off (
      http://www.gifted-reader.com) but to also let you know I'm available to our
      community for voicework for very very reasonable prices if anyone is in need
      of anything.

      Kimi

      --
      Twitter: @kimidreams, @talechasing, @reaganfischer, @giftedreader
      Urban fantasy Podcast - http://www.talechasing.com

    • Dan Hughes
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 28, 2010
        Kimi, on your credits page you are sticking in apostrophes where they
        don't belong.

        It should be "Voiceovers", not "Voice Over's"

        Plural, not possessive.

        Best,

        ---Dan, http://danhughes.net
      • Kimiko Alexandre

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 28, 2010
            If anyone needs a female voice for their project, get Kimi!!!
            She plays the lead role of "Lucy" in the podiobook version of my novel,
            Dead Hunt, and I could not imagine anyone else voicing the role. In
            fact, I started writing a new novel that was inspired by her voice. But
            I'm just some unknown author you have never heard of endorsing someone
            who has worked on my project so what weight does that really carry,
            right? Well.... I am a new and unknown author who was the V.P. of
            Production for an advertising company and I heard and recorded voices on
            a daily basis. I ran a recording studio. But don't take my word for it -
            go to her website, listen to her voice and discover for yourself that it
            doesn't matter if it's a promo for your podcast, a bumper for your radio
            station or a major character in your book, you will not be disappointed
            with what Kimi can deliver.

            Kenn

            --
            ______________________________________

            The Offical Dead Hunt Site
            http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com

            Dead Hunt on Podiobooks.com
            http://www.podiobooks.com/title/dead-hunt

            Kenn's Homepage and Blog
            http://kenncrawford.com
            Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenncrawford
            Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kenn.crawford
          • Craig Kraemer
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 28, 2010
              I am sure this has been addressed already so please bear with them.
              Is there a web tracking software that can monitor the duration people
              listen to my mp3 files?
              Thanks
              Craig
            • Nobilis Reed
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 28, 2010
                Not on their iPods or mp3 players, which is how podcasts are intended
                to be listened to.

                There might be sophisticated flash players for your website that might
                track that information. Mine doesn't.

                On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Craig Kraemer
                <craigk@...> wrote:
                > I am sure this has been addressed already so please bear with them.
                > Is there a web tracking software that can monitor the duration people
                > listen to my mp3 files?
                > Thanks
                > Craig

                -----
                The Nobilis Erotica podcast is now open for submissions - read the
                submission guidelines at
                http://nobiliserotica.com/site/2009/submission-guidelines/
              • p_holyfield_9999
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 28, 2010
                  Do you mean if you have a ten minute episode, do they stop after 3 minutes?

                  As far as I know, once your file has been downloaded there is no way to automatically track if the file is ever listened to, much less how much they listen to the file.

                  --P.G. Holyfield

                  Murder at Avedon Hill - will be released on May 20th, 2010 on Amazon.com.

                  --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Craig Kraemer <craigk@...> wrote:

                  > I am sure this has been addressed already so please bear with them.
                  > Is there a web tracking software that can monitor the duration people
                  > listen to my mp3 files?
                  > Thanks
                  > Craig

                • Craig Kraemer
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 28, 2010
                    Thanks Nobilis.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 28, 2010
                      <craigk@...> wrote:
                      > I am sure this has been addressed already so please bear with them.
                      > Is there a web tracking software that can monitor the duration people
                      > listen to my mp3 files?

                      It's been tried. There was once a startup called PodBridge that made
                      an iTunes plugin that would report back on when you listened, how long
                      you listened, etc. They got several million in funding for this in
                      2007.[*] They're not around any more.

                      Nielsen (the TV ratings people) have also worked on this, and Rob
                      Walch and I once wrote up a detailed business plan to tackle the
                      problem. Being able to answer "Are people really listening all the
                      way through?" is the Holy Grail of podcast advertising. I had some
                      interesting ideas on how to hook into the iTunes metadata.

                      The basic problem, though, is this: Who's going to install your
                      tracking plugin? WHY are they going to install your tracking plugin?

                      Put yourself in the place of a casual listener. Would YOU agree to
                      let some podcaster's software mess around inside your iTunes? What's
                      your immediate visceral reaction to the idea?

                      You need to have some motivation for people to voluntarily give up
                      some of their privacy. PodBridge tried to do it by locking up the
                      podcasts themselves, and making you download the plugin to to get the
                      content. They failed. (They were also charging high fees for this
                      dumb idea, mostly to corporations.) I believe Nielsen was paying
                      people. The plan Rob and I had also involved bribery, but it didn't
                      go anywhere.

                      These days it's less of an issue; the podcast bubble has popped, and
                      no one really believes any more that there are billions to be made in
                      podcast advertising, so intrusive analytics don't have any momentum.
                      You'll just have to do what every other podcaster does: put your stuff
                      out there, and trust that people will listen if they like it.

                      [* http://techcrunch.com/2007/04/23/podbridge-podcast-advertising-analytics-gets-8-5-million-series-b/
                      ]

                      http://www.escapepod.org
                    • Nobilis Reed
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 28, 2010
                        On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 12:02 AM, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:

                        > These days it's less of an issue; the podcast bubble has popped, and
                        > no one really believes any more that there are billions to be made in
                        > podcast advertising, so intrusive analytics don't have any momentum.
                        > You'll just have to do what every other podcaster does: put your stuff
                        > out there, and trust that people will listen if they like it.

                        On that score, listen to the example of the "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me"
                        podcast (and radio program, for that matter). They reserve one tiny
                        bit of content, their funny predictions about what's going to be in
                        the news the following week, to come directly after the closing
                        credits. They want people to listen to that, so they bracket it on
                        either side with stuff that folks will find entertaining.

                        Another one to listen to is the "Gearheart" podcast novel, which ends
                        each episode with a funny steampunk-ish Victorian-ish fake
                        advertisement.

                        I'm still trying to figure out how to make that technique work for me.

                        -----