Re: [podcasters] Subscription podcasts

  • David Jackson
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 10, 2010
      > The only subscription-based podcast I am aware of is Dan Klass' The
      > Bitterest Pill. You might fire off a note to him and ask how he manages it.
      > He has both a short free version of his podcast and a premium, longer, $1
      > per episode version of the same podcast.

      He uses premiumcast

      Dave Jackson

    • Ben Straw
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 12, 2010
        You can also use the free Wp E-commerce plugin
        http://getshopped.org/extend/premium-upgrades/

        Buy the Gold Cart module $40 and the Member only module $25
        http://getshopped.org/extend/premium-upgrades/

        Benjamin Straw - CEO Qetuo Media
        P: 1-304-449-4335
        Skype: n3bb3n
        Twitter: twitter.com/nebben

        Shows Produced by Qetuo Media - http://qetuo.me

        Ben's Tech Show - http://BensTechShow.com
        How 2 Podcast - http://How2Podcast.com
        Mac Tip Podcast - http://MacTipPodcast.com

        ________________________________
        > The only subscription- based podcast I am aware of is Dan Klass' The
        > Bitterest Pill. You might fire off a note to him and ask how he manages it.
        > He has both a short free version of his podcast and a premium, longer, $1
        > per episode version of the same podcast.

        He uses premiumcast

        Dave Jackson

      • Kenn Crawford
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 14, 2010
          *The Story - The Voices – The Podiobook*

          There’s nothing quite like the feeling an author gets when he holds his
          own book in his hands for the very first time. It is inspiring,
          invigorating, and the beginning of a very long and arduous journey.

          Hi, my name is Kenn Crawford, author of the zombie horror novel, /Dead
          Hunt/. I would like to tell you about the podcast audio version of my
          book and ask you to help me spread the word. Don’t worry, I'm not trying
          to sell you a copy, there are no lists to join, I'm not looking for
          email addresses or any of that nonsense – it’s just me wanting to tell
          you about a book that is so new I’m still playing with the bubble wrap.

          *The Story*

          Off the coast of Nova Scotia on a remote island, a lonely scientist, a
          powerful computer, a simple mistake, unleashes a new threat somewhere in
          the hills of Margaree. Dead Hunt is the chilling tale of a desperate
          father’s undying love, a daughter frozen in time, and the small group of
          teens trapped in the aftermath of walking dead.
          /“I was positively terrified while reading Dead Hunt.”/
          -- Holly Christine, Reviewer for The Pittsburgh Books Examiner

          *The Voices*

          Dead Hunt is narrated by author R.E. Chambliss and features the voice
          talents of: Kimi Alexandre, Brian Brown, Ry Stevenson, Melissa Bartell,
          Erk and Kim Butler. With special guest appearances by Andrew Ball,
          Arlene Radasky, Judy, Kristopher Lamont, Lindsey Burns, Lisa Tobias,
          Neil Stringer, Nobilis Reed, Randall Carruthers, Tom Storms and
          Featuring Rick Stringer of Variant Frequencies as the voice of Professor
          Patrick Heslin, and introducing “Robin” as herself.
          Music by Farrell Jackson, Tom Storms, Gregory Cain and Kenn Crawford.
          / “Dead Hunt is a compelling story with superior production values.”/
          --Dilwyn Havard, Biochemical Scientist, Cardiff, Wales

          *The Podiobook*

          March 19th, 2010, /Dead Hunt/ debuts on Podiobooks.com – a place where
          listeners, authors and creators come together with more than 300 titles
          available online. Please help me kick start the launch of my debut
          novel, /Dead Hunt/, on Friday, March 19th, by visiting
          http://podiobooks.com/title/dead-hunt Right now that link is a blank
          page but don't worry, it'll work on Friday. Can't wait for the launch?
          Dying to hear a few episodes right now? Visit
          http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com and listen online today!

          Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, just don't tell your kids
          because this book contains coarse language and graphic violence.
          Listener discretion is recommended so I wouldn't suggest it at the next
          church social either. Forward this email to everyone you think might be
          interested in this type of audio book but please, do not spam anyone.

          Thanks everyone
          Kenn Crawford, Author of /Dead Hunt

          /---
          A little girl asked, "Mommy, do I have my daddy's eyes?"
          "Yes,” her mother answered, "Now eat them before they get cold."
          ---