Re: [podcasters] Re: Subscription podcasts

  • David Jackson
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 10, 2010
      I could never get the amember thing to work. I tried it. It works great for
      the member site. Does every person get their own RSS feed? How do you "turn
      off" people if they cancel their subscription.

      Dave Jackson
      www.schoolofpodcasting.com

      On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:08 AM, ttgdmt <grant@...> wrote:

      > We use a combination of WordPress. Blubrry PowerPress and aMember.
      >

      > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com <podcasters%40yahoogroups.com>, "Ed
      > Morgan" <parrotflock@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my
      > podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show
      > through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question
      > over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have
      > never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide
      > the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast.
      > So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what
      > to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to
      > find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Ed Morgan
      > > The Parrot Hut
      > > http://www.parrothut.com

      Dave Jackson

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 10, 2010
        The only subscription-based podcast I am aware of is Dan Klass' The
        Bitterest Pill. You might fire off a note to him and ask how he manages it.
        He has both a short free version of his podcast and a premium, longer, $1
        per episode version of the same podcast.

        On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@...> wrote:

        > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my
        > podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show
        > through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question
        > over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have
        > never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide
        > the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast.
        > So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what
        > to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to
        > find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Ed Morgan
        > The Parrot Hut
        > http://www.parrothut.com

      • Michael Johnson
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 10, 2010
          Cliff Ravenscraft of gspn.tv has a premium model as well. He is in this group.

          Thanks
          Mike
          Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
          The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
          A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at crosscampusministry.com

          On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@ gmail.com> wrote:

          > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my

          > podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show

          > through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question

          > over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have

          > never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide

          > the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast.

          > So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what

          > to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to

          > find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.

          > Regards,

          > Ed Morgan

          > The Parrot Hut

          > http://www.parrothu t.com

        • David Jackson
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 10, 2010
            > The only subscription-based podcast I am aware of is Dan Klass' The
            > Bitterest Pill. You might fire off a note to him and ask how he manages it.
            > He has both a short free version of his podcast and a premium, longer, $1
            > per episode version of the same podcast.

            He uses premiumcast

            Dave Jackson

          • Ben Straw
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 12, 2010
              You can also use the free Wp E-commerce plugin
              http://getshopped.org/extend/premium-upgrades/

              Buy the Gold Cart module $40 and the Member only module $25
              http://getshopped.org/extend/premium-upgrades/

              Benjamin Straw - CEO Qetuo Media
              P: 1-304-449-4335
              Skype: n3bb3n
              Twitter: twitter.com/nebben

              Shows Produced by Qetuo Media - http://qetuo.me

              Ben's Tech Show - http://BensTechShow.com
              How 2 Podcast - http://How2Podcast.com
              Mac Tip Podcast - http://MacTipPodcast.com

              ________________________________
              > The only subscription- based podcast I am aware of is Dan Klass' The
              > Bitterest Pill. You might fire off a note to him and ask how he manages it.
              > He has both a short free version of his podcast and a premium, longer, $1
              > per episode version of the same podcast.

              He uses premiumcast

              Dave Jackson

            • Kenn Crawford
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 14, 2010
                *The Story - The Voices – The Podiobook*

                There’s nothing quite like the feeling an author gets when he holds his
                own book in his hands for the very first time. It is inspiring,
                invigorating, and the beginning of a very long and arduous journey.

                Hi, my name is Kenn Crawford, author of the zombie horror novel, /Dead
                Hunt/. I would like to tell you about the podcast audio version of my
                book and ask you to help me spread the word. Don’t worry, I'm not trying
                to sell you a copy, there are no lists to join, I'm not looking for
                email addresses or any of that nonsense – it’s just me wanting to tell
                you about a book that is so new I’m still playing with the bubble wrap.

                *The Story*

                Off the coast of Nova Scotia on a remote island, a lonely scientist, a
                powerful computer, a simple mistake, unleashes a new threat somewhere in
                the hills of Margaree. Dead Hunt is the chilling tale of a desperate
                father’s undying love, a daughter frozen in time, and the small group of
                teens trapped in the aftermath of walking dead.
                /“I was positively terrified while reading Dead Hunt.”/
                -- Holly Christine, Reviewer for The Pittsburgh Books Examiner

                *The Voices*

                Dead Hunt is narrated by author R.E. Chambliss and features the voice
                talents of: Kimi Alexandre, Brian Brown, Ry Stevenson, Melissa Bartell,
                Erk and Kim Butler. With special guest appearances by Andrew Ball,
                Arlene Radasky, Judy, Kristopher Lamont, Lindsey Burns, Lisa Tobias,
                Neil Stringer, Nobilis Reed, Randall Carruthers, Tom Storms and
                Featuring Rick Stringer of Variant Frequencies as the voice of Professor
                Patrick Heslin, and introducing “Robin” as herself.
                Music by Farrell Jackson, Tom Storms, Gregory Cain and Kenn Crawford.
                / “Dead Hunt is a compelling story with superior production values.”/
                --Dilwyn Havard, Biochemical Scientist, Cardiff, Wales

                *The Podiobook*

                March 19th, 2010, /Dead Hunt/ debuts on Podiobooks.com – a place where
                listeners, authors and creators come together with more than 300 titles
                available online. Please help me kick start the launch of my debut
                novel, /Dead Hunt/, on Friday, March 19th, by visiting
                http://podiobooks.com/title/dead-hunt Right now that link is a blank
                page but don't worry, it'll work on Friday. Can't wait for the launch?
                Dying to hear a few episodes right now? Visit
                http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com and listen online today!

                Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, just don't tell your kids
                because this book contains coarse language and graphic violence.
                Listener discretion is recommended so I wouldn't suggest it at the next
                church social either. Forward this email to everyone you think might be
                interested in this type of audio book but please, do not spam anyone.

                Thanks everyone
                Kenn Crawford, Author of /Dead Hunt

                /---
                A little girl asked, "Mommy, do I have my daddy's eyes?"
                "Yes,” her mother answered, "Now eat them before they get cold."
                ---