Re: Subscription podcasts

  • ttgdmt
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 10, 2010
      We use a combination of WordPress. Blubrry PowerPress and aMember. www.aMember.com to handle our subscriptions.

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Morgan" <parrotflock@...> wrote:

      > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast. So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Ed Morgan
      > The Parrot Hut
      > http://www.parrothut.com

    • David Jackson
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 10, 2010
        I could never get the amember thing to work. I tried it. It works great for
        the member site. Does every person get their own RSS feed? How do you "turn
        off" people if they cancel their subscription.

        Dave Jackson
        www.schoolofpodcasting.com

        On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:08 AM, ttgdmt <grant@...> wrote:

        > We use a combination of WordPress. Blubrry PowerPress and aMember.
        >

        > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com <podcasters%40yahoogroups.com>, "Ed
        > Morgan" <parrotflock@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my
        > podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show
        > through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question
        > over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have
        > never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide
        > the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast.
        > So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what
        > to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to
        > find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > > Ed Morgan
        > > The Parrot Hut
        > > http://www.parrothut.com

        Dave Jackson

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 10, 2010
          The only subscription-based podcast I am aware of is Dan Klass' The
          Bitterest Pill. You might fire off a note to him and ask how he manages it.
          He has both a short free version of his podcast and a premium, longer, $1
          per episode version of the same podcast.

          On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@...> wrote:

          > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my
          > podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show
          > through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question
          > over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have
          > never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide
          > the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast.
          > So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what
          > to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to
          > find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Ed Morgan
          > The Parrot Hut
          > http://www.parrothut.com

        • Michael Johnson
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 10, 2010
            Cliff Ravenscraft of gspn.tv has a premium model as well. He is in this group.

            Thanks
            Mike
            Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
            The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
            A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at crosscampusministry.com

            On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@ gmail.com> wrote:

            > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my

            > podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show

            > through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question

            > over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have

            > never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide

            > the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast.

            > So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what

            > to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to

            > find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.

            > Regards,

            > Ed Morgan

            > The Parrot Hut

            > http://www.parrothu t.com

          • David Jackson
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 10, 2010
              > The only subscription-based podcast I am aware of is Dan Klass' The
              > Bitterest Pill. You might fire off a note to him and ask how he manages it.
              > He has both a short free version of his podcast and a premium, longer, $1
              > per episode version of the same podcast.

              He uses premiumcast

              Dave Jackson

            • Ben Straw
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 12, 2010
                You can also use the free Wp E-commerce plugin
                http://getshopped.org/extend/premium-upgrades/

                Buy the Gold Cart module $40 and the Member only module $25
                http://getshopped.org/extend/premium-upgrades/

                Benjamin Straw - CEO Qetuo Media
                P: 1-304-449-4335
                Skype: n3bb3n
                Twitter: twitter.com/nebben

                Shows Produced by Qetuo Media - http://qetuo.me

                Ben's Tech Show - http://BensTechShow.com
                How 2 Podcast - http://How2Podcast.com
                Mac Tip Podcast - http://MacTipPodcast.com

                ________________________________
                > The only subscription- based podcast I am aware of is Dan Klass' The
                > Bitterest Pill. You might fire off a note to him and ask how he manages it.
                > He has both a short free version of his podcast and a premium, longer, $1
                > per episode version of the same podcast.

                He uses premiumcast

                Dave Jackson

              • Kenn Crawford
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 14, 2010
                  *The Story - The Voices – The Podiobook*

                  There’s nothing quite like the feeling an author gets when he holds his
                  own book in his hands for the very first time. It is inspiring,
                  invigorating, and the beginning of a very long and arduous journey.

                  Hi, my name is Kenn Crawford, author of the zombie horror novel, /Dead
                  Hunt/. I would like to tell you about the podcast audio version of my
                  book and ask you to help me spread the word. Don’t worry, I'm not trying
                  to sell you a copy, there are no lists to join, I'm not looking for
                  email addresses or any of that nonsense – it’s just me wanting to tell
                  you about a book that is so new I’m still playing with the bubble wrap.

                  *The Story*

                  Off the coast of Nova Scotia on a remote island, a lonely scientist, a
                  powerful computer, a simple mistake, unleashes a new threat somewhere in
                  the hills of Margaree. Dead Hunt is the chilling tale of a desperate
                  father’s undying love, a daughter frozen in time, and the small group of
                  teens trapped in the aftermath of walking dead.
                  /“I was positively terrified while reading Dead Hunt.”/
                  -- Holly Christine, Reviewer for The Pittsburgh Books Examiner

                  *The Voices*

                  Dead Hunt is narrated by author R.E. Chambliss and features the voice
                  talents of: Kimi Alexandre, Brian Brown, Ry Stevenson, Melissa Bartell,
                  Erk and Kim Butler. With special guest appearances by Andrew Ball,
                  Arlene Radasky, Judy, Kristopher Lamont, Lindsey Burns, Lisa Tobias,
                  Neil Stringer, Nobilis Reed, Randall Carruthers, Tom Storms and
                  Featuring Rick Stringer of Variant Frequencies as the voice of Professor
                  Patrick Heslin, and introducing “Robin” as herself.
                  Music by Farrell Jackson, Tom Storms, Gregory Cain and Kenn Crawford.
                  / “Dead Hunt is a compelling story with superior production values.”/
                  --Dilwyn Havard, Biochemical Scientist, Cardiff, Wales

                  *The Podiobook*

                  March 19th, 2010, /Dead Hunt/ debuts on Podiobooks.com – a place where
                  listeners, authors and creators come together with more than 300 titles
                  available online. Please help me kick start the launch of my debut
                  novel, /Dead Hunt/, on Friday, March 19th, by visiting
                  http://podiobooks.com/title/dead-hunt Right now that link is a blank
                  page but don't worry, it'll work on Friday. Can't wait for the launch?
                  Dying to hear a few episodes right now? Visit
                  http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com and listen online today!

                  Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, just don't tell your kids
                  because this book contains coarse language and graphic violence.
                  Listener discretion is recommended so I wouldn't suggest it at the next
                  church social either. Forward this email to everyone you think might be
                  interested in this type of audio book but please, do not spam anyone.

                  Thanks everyone
                  Kenn Crawford, Author of /Dead Hunt

                  /---
                  A little girl asked, "Mommy, do I have my daddy's eyes?"
                  "Yes,” her mother answered, "Now eat them before they get cold."
                  ---