Re: [podcasters] Subscription podcasts

  • David Jackson
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 9 6:30 PM
      I use www.121podcasting.com (premium cast) Wich takes your RSS feed
      (typically one to many) and makes it one to one. Then if someone doesn't
      pay, you turn off their feed. You can also sell digital products (physical
      too) have coupons, all sorts of stuff. It's kind of pricing, but once you
      get a few subscribers it pays for itself. I contacted show taxi when I first
      built the school of podcasting and I don't believe I ever got an email back.
      I ended up reading about them in Lisa Barne's book about making money with
      podcasting.

      Dave Jackson
      www.schoolofpodcasting.com

      On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@...> wrote:

      > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my
      > podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show
      > through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question
      > over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have
      > never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide
      > the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast.
      > So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what
      > to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to
      > find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Ed Morgan
      > The Parrot Hut
      > http://www.parrothut.com

      Dave Jackson

    • Will Brown
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 9 8:32 PM
        Premium Cast, mentioned by Dave Jackson earlier, is the only all in one
        service that I've heard of for this.

        But, Cliff Ravenscraft of http://GSPN.tv and
        http://PodcastAnswerMan.comhas a premium service for most of his
        shows. He recently did a webinar,
        which is available as a video download for a fee, on how he does this. I
        have to rewatch the recording, but I don't think he had to pay much, if
        anything for the tools he uses. He currently has 350+ community members
        paying $10 per month for his content.

        Here is the webinar description that he used at the time:
        http://pamplusmembership.eventbrite.com/ You can contact him about the
        recording and cost if you are interested.

        Will

        ======================
        http://www.CloudyDayArt.com - Poetry Podcast

        On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@...> wrote:

        > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my
        > podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show
        > through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question
        > over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have
        > never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide
        > the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast.
        > So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what
        > to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to
        > find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Ed Morgan
        > The Parrot Hut
        > http://www.parrothut.com

      • ttgdmt
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 10 8:08 AM
          We use a combination of WordPress. Blubrry PowerPress and aMember. www.aMember.com to handle our subscriptions.

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Morgan" <parrotflock@...> wrote:

          > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast. So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Ed Morgan
          > The Parrot Hut
          > http://www.parrothut.com

        • David Jackson
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 10 8:25 AM
            I could never get the amember thing to work. I tried it. It works great for
            the member site. Does every person get their own RSS feed? How do you "turn
            off" people if they cancel their subscription.

            On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:08 AM, ttgdmt <grant@...> wrote:

            > We use a combination of WordPress. Blubrry PowerPress and aMember.
            >

            > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com <podcasters%40yahoogroups.com>, "Ed
            > Morgan" <parrotflock@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my
            > podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show
            > through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question
            > over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have
            > never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide
            > the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast.
            > So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what
            > to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to
            > find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > Ed Morgan
            > > The Parrot Hut
            > > http://www.parrothut.com

            Dave Jackson

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 10 9:44 AM
              The only subscription-based podcast I am aware of is Dan Klass' The
              Bitterest Pill. You might fire off a note to him and ask how he manages it.
              He has both a short free version of his podcast and a premium, longer, $1
              per episode version of the same podcast.

              On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@...> wrote:

              > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my
              > podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show
              > through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question
              > over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have
              > never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide
              > the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast.
              > So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what
              > to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to
              > find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Ed Morgan
              > The Parrot Hut
              > http://www.parrothut.com

            • Michael Johnson
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 10 10:44 AM
                Cliff Ravenscraft of gspn.tv has a premium model as well. He is in this group.

                Thanks
                Mike
                Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
                The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
                A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at crosscampusministry.com

                On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@ gmail.com> wrote:

                > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my

                > podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show

                > through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question

                > over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have

                > never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide

                > the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast.

                > So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what

                > to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to

                > find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.

                > Regards,

                > Ed Morgan

                > The Parrot Hut

                > http://www.parrothu t.com

              • David Jackson
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 10 2:09 PM
                  > The only subscription-based podcast I am aware of is Dan Klass' The
                  > Bitterest Pill. You might fire off a note to him and ask how he manages it.
                  > He has both a short free version of his podcast and a premium, longer, $1
                  > per episode version of the same podcast.

                  He uses premiumcast

                  Dave Jackson

                • Ben Straw
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 12 12:30 PM
                    You can also use the free Wp E-commerce plugin
                    http://getshopped.org/extend/premium-upgrades/

                    Buy the Gold Cart module $40 and the Member only module $25
                    http://getshopped.org/extend/premium-upgrades/

                    Benjamin Straw - CEO Qetuo Media
                    P: 1-304-449-4335
                    Skype: n3bb3n
                    Twitter: twitter.com/nebben

                    Shows Produced by Qetuo Media - http://qetuo.me

                    Ben's Tech Show - http://BensTechShow.com
                    How 2 Podcast - http://How2Podcast.com
                    Mac Tip Podcast - http://MacTipPodcast.com

                    ________________________________
                    > The only subscription- based podcast I am aware of is Dan Klass' The
                    > Bitterest Pill. You might fire off a note to him and ask how he manages it.
                    > He has both a short free version of his podcast and a premium, longer, $1
                    > per episode version of the same podcast.

                    He uses premiumcast

                    Dave Jackson

                  • Kenn Crawford
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 14 10:39 AM
                      *The Story - The Voices – The Podiobook*

                      There’s nothing quite like the feeling an author gets when he holds his
                      own book in his hands for the very first time. It is inspiring,
                      invigorating, and the beginning of a very long and arduous journey.

                      Hi, my name is Kenn Crawford, author of the zombie horror novel, /Dead
                      Hunt/. I would like to tell you about the podcast audio version of my
                      book and ask you to help me spread the word. Don’t worry, I'm not trying
                      to sell you a copy, there are no lists to join, I'm not looking for
                      email addresses or any of that nonsense – it’s just me wanting to tell
                      you about a book that is so new I’m still playing with the bubble wrap.

                      *The Story*

                      Off the coast of Nova Scotia on a remote island, a lonely scientist, a
                      powerful computer, a simple mistake, unleashes a new threat somewhere in
                      the hills of Margaree. Dead Hunt is the chilling tale of a desperate
                      father’s undying love, a daughter frozen in time, and the small group of
                      teens trapped in the aftermath of walking dead.
                      /“I was positively terrified while reading Dead Hunt.”/
                      -- Holly Christine, Reviewer for The Pittsburgh Books Examiner

                      *The Voices*

                      Dead Hunt is narrated by author R.E. Chambliss and features the voice
                      talents of: Kimi Alexandre, Brian Brown, Ry Stevenson, Melissa Bartell,
                      Erk and Kim Butler. With special guest appearances by Andrew Ball,
                      Arlene Radasky, Judy, Kristopher Lamont, Lindsey Burns, Lisa Tobias,
                      Neil Stringer, Nobilis Reed, Randall Carruthers, Tom Storms and
                      Featuring Rick Stringer of Variant Frequencies as the voice of Professor
                      Patrick Heslin, and introducing “Robin” as herself.
                      Music by Farrell Jackson, Tom Storms, Gregory Cain and Kenn Crawford.
                      / “Dead Hunt is a compelling story with superior production values.”/
                      --Dilwyn Havard, Biochemical Scientist, Cardiff, Wales

                      *The Podiobook*

                      March 19th, 2010, /Dead Hunt/ debuts on Podiobooks.com – a place where
                      listeners, authors and creators come together with more than 300 titles
                      available online. Please help me kick start the launch of my debut
                      novel, /Dead Hunt/, on Friday, March 19th, by visiting
                      http://podiobooks.com/title/dead-hunt Right now that link is a blank
                      page but don't worry, it'll work on Friday. Can't wait for the launch?
                      Dying to hear a few episodes right now? Visit
                      http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com and listen online today!

                      Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, just don't tell your kids
                      because this book contains coarse language and graphic violence.
                      Listener discretion is recommended so I wouldn't suggest it at the next
                      church social either. Forward this email to everyone you think might be
                      interested in this type of audio book but please, do not spam anyone.

                      Thanks everyone
                      Kenn Crawford, Author of /Dead Hunt

                      /---
                      A little girl asked, "Mommy, do I have my daddy's eyes?"
                      "Yes,” her mother answered, "Now eat them before they get cold."
                      ---