need opener for my new scifi themed show. Willing to pay.

  • tristinborland
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 5, 2010
      I need a 60 sec opener for my new star trek themed podcast. Willing to pay up to $50 and need it this week. If anyone can help please fire an email off to me.

      opener would include music with fade out, plus a short voice over introducing the show and the hosts.
    • Michael Butler
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 5, 2010
        Joe Klein is the best in the business

        joe@...

        --
        The Rock and Roll Geek Network

        This is the real school of Rock!
        Interviews, Music and Talk From a
        Rock and Roll Geek

        http://www.rockandrollgeek.com
        http://michaelbutler.podshow.com
        Subscribe-
        http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=73331036
        Myspace- http://www.myspace.com/rockandrollgeek

      • tristinborland
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 5, 2010
          I'm good now, no longer looking, but thanks =)

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Michael Butler <rockandrollgeek@...> wrote:

          > Joe Klein is the best in the business
          >
          > joe@...
          >

          > On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 5:27 PM, tristinborland <tristin@...>wrote:
          >

          > > I need a 60 sec opener for my new star trek themed podcast. Willing to pay
          > > up to $50 and need it this week. If anyone can help please fire an email off
          > > to me.
          > >
          > > opener would include music with fade out, plus a short voice over
          > > introducing the show and the hosts.
          > >

          > --
          > The Rock and Roll Geek Network
          >
          > This is the real school of Rock!
          > Interviews, Music and Talk From a
          > Rock and Roll Geek
          >
          > http://www.rockandrollgeek.com
          > http://michaelbutler.podshow.com
          > Subscribe-
          > http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=73331036
          > Myspace- http://www.myspace.com/rockandrollgeek

        • e s
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 5, 2010
            I would work at a reduced rate for the pleasure of the audio work and the experience ...

            u can hear my podcasts at dudefree.podomatic.com

            ________________________________
            I need a 60 sec opener for my new star trek themed podcast. Willing to pay up to $50 and need it this week. If anyone can help please fire an email off to me.

            opener would include music with fade out, plus a short voice over introducing the show and the hosts.

          • Ed Morgan
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 9, 2010
              I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast. So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.

              Regards,
              Ed Morgan
              The Parrot Hut
              http://www.parrothut.com

            • David Jackson
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 9, 2010
                I use www.121podcasting.com (premium cast) Wich takes your RSS feed
                (typically one to many) and makes it one to one. Then if someone doesn't
                pay, you turn off their feed. You can also sell digital products (physical
                too) have coupons, all sorts of stuff. It's kind of pricing, but once you
                get a few subscribers it pays for itself. I contacted show taxi when I first
                built the school of podcasting and I don't believe I ever got an email back.
                I ended up reading about them in Lisa Barne's book about making money with
                podcasting.

                Dave Jackson
                www.schoolofpodcasting.com

                On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@...> wrote:

                > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my
                > podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show
                > through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question
                > over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have
                > never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide
                > the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast.
                > So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what
                > to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to
                > find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.
                >
                > Regards,
                > Ed Morgan
                > The Parrot Hut
                > http://www.parrothut.com

                Dave Jackson

              • Will Brown
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 9, 2010
                  Premium Cast, mentioned by Dave Jackson earlier, is the only all in one
                  service that I've heard of for this.

                  But, Cliff Ravenscraft of http://GSPN.tv and
                  http://PodcastAnswerMan.comhas a premium service for most of his
                  shows. He recently did a webinar,
                  which is available as a video download for a fee, on how he does this. I
                  have to rewatch the recording, but I don't think he had to pay much, if
                  anything for the tools he uses. He currently has 350+ community members
                  paying $10 per month for his content.

                  Here is the webinar description that he used at the time:
                  http://pamplusmembership.eventbrite.com/ You can contact him about the
                  recording and cost if you are interested.

                  Will

                  ======================
                  http://www.CloudyDayArt.com - Poetry Podcast

                  On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@...> wrote:

                  > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my
                  > podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show
                  > through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question
                  > over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have
                  > never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide
                  > the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast.
                  > So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what
                  > to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to
                  > find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  > Ed Morgan
                  > The Parrot Hut
                  > http://www.parrothut.com

                • ttgdmt
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 10, 2010

                    --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Morgan" <parrotflock@...> wrote:

                    > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast. So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    > Ed Morgan
                    > The Parrot Hut
                    > http://www.parrothut.com

                  • David Jackson
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 10, 2010
                      I could never get the amember thing to work. I tried it. It works great for
                      the member site. Does every person get their own RSS feed? How do you "turn
                      off" people if they cancel their subscription.

                      On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:08 AM, ttgdmt <grant@...> wrote:

                      > We use a combination of WordPress. Blubrry PowerPress and aMember.
                      >

                      > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com <podcasters%40yahoogroups.com>, "Ed
                      > Morgan" <parrotflock@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my
                      > podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show
                      > through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question
                      > over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have
                      > never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide
                      > the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast.
                      > So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what
                      > to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to
                      > find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.
                      > >
                      > > Regards,
                      > > Ed Morgan
                      > > The Parrot Hut
                      > > http://www.parrothut.com

                      Dave Jackson

                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 10, 2010
                        The only subscription-based podcast I am aware of is Dan Klass' The
                        Bitterest Pill. You might fire off a note to him and ask how he manages it.
                        He has both a short free version of his podcast and a premium, longer, $1
                        per episode version of the same podcast.

                        On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@...> wrote:

                        > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my
                        > podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show
                        > through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question
                        > over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have
                        > never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide
                        > the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast.
                        > So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what
                        > to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to
                        > find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.
                        >
                        > Regards,
                        > Ed Morgan
                        > The Parrot Hut
                        > http://www.parrothut.com

                      • Michael Johnson
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 10, 2010
                          Cliff Ravenscraft of gspn.tv has a premium model as well. He is in this group.

                          Thanks
                          Mike
                          Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
                          The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
                          A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at crosscampusministry.com

                          On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@ gmail.com> wrote:

                          > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my

                          > podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show

                          > through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question

                          > over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have

                          > never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide

                          > the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast.

                          > So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what

                          > to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to

                          > find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.

                          > Regards,

                          > Ed Morgan

                          > The Parrot Hut

                          > http://www.parrothu t.com

                        • David Jackson
                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 10, 2010
                            > The only subscription-based podcast I am aware of is Dan Klass' The
                            > Bitterest Pill. You might fire off a note to him and ask how he manages it.
                            > He has both a short free version of his podcast and a premium, longer, $1
                            > per episode version of the same podcast.

                            He uses premiumcast

                            Dave Jackson

                          • Ben Straw
                            Message 13 of 14 , Mar 12, 2010
                              You can also use the free Wp E-commerce plugin
                              http://getshopped.org/extend/premium-upgrades/

                              Buy the Gold Cart module $40 and the Member only module $25
                              http://getshopped.org/extend/premium-upgrades/

                              Benjamin Straw - CEO Qetuo Media
                              P: 1-304-449-4335
                              Skype: n3bb3n
                              Twitter: twitter.com/nebben

                              Shows Produced by Qetuo Media - http://qetuo.me

                              Ben's Tech Show - http://BensTechShow.com
                              How 2 Podcast - http://How2Podcast.com
                              Mac Tip Podcast - http://MacTipPodcast.com

                              ________________________________
                              > The only subscription- based podcast I am aware of is Dan Klass' The
                              > Bitterest Pill. You might fire off a note to him and ask how he manages it.
                              > He has both a short free version of his podcast and a premium, longer, $1
                              > per episode version of the same podcast.

                              He uses premiumcast

                              Dave Jackson

                            • Kenn Crawford
                              Message 14 of 14 , Mar 14, 2010
                                *The Story - The Voices – The Podiobook*

                                There’s nothing quite like the feeling an author gets when he holds his
                                own book in his hands for the very first time. It is inspiring,
                                invigorating, and the beginning of a very long and arduous journey.

                                Hi, my name is Kenn Crawford, author of the zombie horror novel, /Dead
                                Hunt/. I would like to tell you about the podcast audio version of my
                                book and ask you to help me spread the word. Don’t worry, I'm not trying
                                to sell you a copy, there are no lists to join, I'm not looking for
                                email addresses or any of that nonsense – it’s just me wanting to tell
                                you about a book that is so new I’m still playing with the bubble wrap.

                                *The Story*

                                Off the coast of Nova Scotia on a remote island, a lonely scientist, a
                                powerful computer, a simple mistake, unleashes a new threat somewhere in
                                the hills of Margaree. Dead Hunt is the chilling tale of a desperate
                                father’s undying love, a daughter frozen in time, and the small group of
                                teens trapped in the aftermath of walking dead.
                                /“I was positively terrified while reading Dead Hunt.”/
                                -- Holly Christine, Reviewer for The Pittsburgh Books Examiner

                                *The Voices*

                                Dead Hunt is narrated by author R.E. Chambliss and features the voice
                                talents of: Kimi Alexandre, Brian Brown, Ry Stevenson, Melissa Bartell,
                                Erk and Kim Butler. With special guest appearances by Andrew Ball,
                                Arlene Radasky, Judy, Kristopher Lamont, Lindsey Burns, Lisa Tobias,
                                Neil Stringer, Nobilis Reed, Randall Carruthers, Tom Storms and
                                Featuring Rick Stringer of Variant Frequencies as the voice of Professor
                                Patrick Heslin, and introducing “Robin” as herself.
                                Music by Farrell Jackson, Tom Storms, Gregory Cain and Kenn Crawford.
                                / “Dead Hunt is a compelling story with superior production values.”/
                                --Dilwyn Havard, Biochemical Scientist, Cardiff, Wales

                                *The Podiobook*

                                March 19th, 2010, /Dead Hunt/ debuts on Podiobooks.com – a place where
                                listeners, authors and creators come together with more than 300 titles
                                available online. Please help me kick start the launch of my debut
                                novel, /Dead Hunt/, on Friday, March 19th, by visiting
                                http://podiobooks.com/title/dead-hunt Right now that link is a blank
                                page but don't worry, it'll work on Friday. Can't wait for the launch?
                                Dying to hear a few episodes right now? Visit
                                http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com and listen online today!

                                Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, just don't tell your kids
                                because this book contains coarse language and graphic violence.
                                Listener discretion is recommended so I wouldn't suggest it at the next
                                church social either. Forward this email to everyone you think might be
                                interested in this type of audio book but please, do not spam anyone.

                                Thanks everyone
                                Kenn Crawford, Author of /Dead Hunt

                                /---
                                A little girl asked, "Mommy, do I have my daddy's eyes?"
                                "Yes,” her mother answered, "Now eat them before they get cold."
                                ---