Re: [podcasters] Re: Sell audiobooks on itunes

  • Michael Johnson
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 10, 2010
      I'll definitely look there

      Thanks
      Mike
      Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
      The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
      A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at crosscampusministry.com

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 10, 2010
        Dear podcast listmates,

        I'm wondering if you can help me fix a stupid mistake I made with my feed.

        It seems I made a mistake in the date of my first podcast of 2010, and
        ever since then, the order of the shows in the feed is messed up.

        Instead of using January 2010 as the date, I accidentally said
        "December" 2010. As a result, that show is coming out on top of the
        listings rather than in the correct date order. As soon as I realized
        what was happening, I corrected the date and assigned a new GUID to that
        show and the one after it, but people who downloaded the show before I
        made the correction are still getting stuff in the wrong order.

        Do you know if there's anything else I can do to fix this? If not, the
        problem could persist until December. Ugh.

        Thanks so much!

        Paula

        --
        Paula Berinstein

        The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
        http://www.writingshow.com
      • David Jackson
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 10, 2010
          The "back door" to iTunes is CDBaby.com You can record your book, use a
          website like kunaki.com to print your CD, and then send 5 of them to CDBaby.
          It will cost you a buck per CD at Kunaki and about 50 bucks for CDbaby. You
          can sell it in the "spoken word" category. When you sign up for CDBaby's
          digital distribution one of the places they list your "music" is iTunes. In
          theory you could have a CD with 1 track. The bad news is your audio book
          would then have to be under 80 minutes. Not sure what happens at CDBaby if
          you have a double disk set.

          Dave Jackson
          Personal Podcast Coach
          www.schoolofpodcasting.com
          www.schoolofpodcasting.com/birthday - help the old man out!

          On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Michael Johnson <serviceyourac@...>wrote:

          > Does any one here know how to sell an audiobook on itunes?
          >
          > Thanks
          > Mike
          > Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
          > The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
          > A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at
          > crosscampusministry.com

          Dave Jackson

        • Ben Straw
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 10, 2010
            From the look at my feed reader it looks fine to me, but when I tried to validate the feed from http://validator.w3.org/feed/ it came up with some errors. fix them and it should work
            Benjamin Straw
            Ceo Nebben Media
            Ben's Tech Show - http://BensTechShow.com
            How 2 Podcast - http://How2Podcast.com
            Mac Tip Podcast - http://MacTipPodcast.com
            P: 1-304-449-GEEK
            Skype: n3bb3n
            Twitter: twitter.com/nebben

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 10, 2010
              Thanks for looking at the feed! Actually, the problem isn't that it
              doesn't validate. If that were the case, it wouldn't be possible to
              download anything at all. Before the version you can see now, I had the
              date for the Brad Schreiber show as December 2010 rather than January
              2010. Anyone who downloaded Brad's show before I changed the date to
              January 2010 and the GUID to 290.0 sees his show at the top of the list
              of shows, and anything I released after that has a Get button next to it.

              Paula

              The Writing Show
              http://www.writingshow.com

              > From the look at my feed reader it looks fine to me, but when I tried
              > to validate the feed from http://validator.w3.org/feed/
              > <http://validator.w3.org/feed/> it came up with some errors. fix them
              > and it should work
              > Benjamin Straw
              > Ceo Nebben Media
              > Ben's Tech Show - http://BensTechShow.com <http://BensTechShow.com>
              > How 2 Podcast - http://How2Podcast.com <http://How2Podcast.com>
              > Mac Tip Podcast - http://MacTipPodcast.com <http://MacTipPodcast.com>
              > P: 1-304-449-GEEK
              > Skype: n3bb3n
              > Twitter: twitter.com/nebben
              >
              > ________________________________

            • Nobilis Reed
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 10, 2010
                Aha! Nice. I'm going to have to investigate that further.

                On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 5:18 PM, David Jackson <jammindave@...> wrote:
                > The "back door" to iTunes is CDBaby.com You can record your book, use a
                > website like kunaki.com to print your CD, and then send 5 of them to CDBaby.
                > It will cost you a buck per CD at Kunaki and about 50 bucks for CDbaby. You
                > can sell it in the "spoken word" category. When you sign up for CDBaby's
                > digital distribution one of the places they list your "music" is iTunes. In
                > theory you could have a CD with 1 track. The bad news is your audio book
                > would then have to be under 80 minutes. Not sure what happens at CDBaby if
                > you have a double disk set.
                >
                > Dave Jackson
                > Personal Podcast Coach
                > www.schoolofpodcasting.com
                > www.schoolofpodcasting.com/birthday - help the old man out!
                >
                > On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Michael Johnson <serviceyourac@...>wrote:
                >

                >> Does any one here know how to sell an audiobook on itunes?
                >>
                >> Thanks
                >> Mike
                >> Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
                >> The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
                >> A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at
                >> crosscampusministry.com

                > Dave Jackson

                -----
                The Nobilis Erotica podcast is now open for submissions - read the
                submission guidelines at
                http://nobiliserotica.com/site/2009/submission-guidelines/