Help for new podcaster

  • Yaakov
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2010
      Hi Everyone.
      I've made a couple of podcasts -- listen here
      <http://www.seasonsofthemoon.com/links.aspx>
      I have been using a borrowed recorder up till now. I just bought a
      Focsrite Trakmaster preamp -- and want to go straight into the computer
      from this. Can I plug it straight in? If so how? Do I need an audio card
      in the amp. Will it go into the USB or do I need a scusi card?
      I think the Trackmaster was a bit of overkill - but I've got it now. All
      help much appreciated!

    • David Jackson
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2010
        One of the easiest ways to go direct into a computer's sound card is through
        the line in jack. (typically from a mixer's tape out so it's RCA to 1/8"
        stero cable). You can also go USB (not my favorite as its not always loved
        by all software types).

        Dave Jackson
        www.schoolofpodcasting.com

        On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Yaakov <sinclair@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone.
        > I've made a couple of podcasts -- listen here
        > <http://www.seasonsofthemoon.com/links.aspx>
        > I have been using a borrowed recorder up till now. I just bought a
        > Focsrite Trakmaster preamp -- and want to go straight into the computer
        > from this. Can I plug it straight in? If so how? Do I need an audio card
        > in the amp. Will it go into the USB or do I need a scusi card?
        > I think the Trackmaster was a bit of overkill - but I've got it now. All
        > help much appreciated!

        Dave Jackson