Re: [podcasters] Embeding samples in webpage

  • Kenn
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2010
      Thanks Michael & C
      That was a great help. I got it figured out so the page now loads much
      quicker and looks better too. Not to mention, the player works!
      I went with the NiftyPlayer because it was easy to figure out.
      Next I'm gonna try the WordPress one because I like the look of it. But
      that's for another day.
      Thanks again
      Kenn
      http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com/characters.html
    • Kenn
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2010
        Thanks Rick, I thought of that, but it ticks me off when I have to leave the
        page to hear something and then go back to it. I didn't want visitors to
        leave the page.... unless they wanted to buy the book hahaha but seriously,
        I think the NiftyPLayer fixed the issue... now if I can just figure out how
        to change the color of it to make it work with the background better :)

        Kenn

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2010

          > I'm trying to put a player on the bio's page I created for my podcast
          > audiobook so listeners can hear a sample of the character's dialog. This is
          >
          > what I have so far http://bit.ly/a2edBr but the code I am using creates a
          > small player that takes up a lot of space, and it preloads each sample of
          > the embeded music - which slows down the load time. I'd rather a smaller
          > player that only loads the mp3 when the visitor clicks the play button. I
          > think my problem is "embeding" the mp3. Anyone know a better way for the
          > html-illiterate? :)

          Rather than making use of Quicktime, Flash has a much more lightweight
          player... you can find a lot of them by searching and there's a list of 10
          options I found at
          http://www.webdesignbooth.com/10-easy-to-implement-flash-based-mp3-players-for-your-website/

          Of the ones listed there, I have used the WordPress Audio Player -
          "stand-alone" version. It does NOT need WP so don't worry about that (hence
          the stand-alone). Implementing it is relatively easy and there are code
          examples on the site. You can find them at
          http://wpaudioplayer.com/standalone

          Until Later!
          C. Hatton Humphrey
          http://www.eastcoastconservative.com

          No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of
          electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

        • Michael Johnson
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2010
            I use wordpress audio player as well. It looks like this: http://videobible.powweb.com/2010/01/following-your-purpose-podcast-episode-27/

            Thanks
            Mike
            Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
            The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
            A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at crosscampusministry.com

            > I'm trying to put a player on the bio's page I created for my podcast

            > audiobook so listeners can hear a sample of the character's dialog. This is

            > what I have so far http://bit.ly/ a2edBr but the code I am using creates a

            > small player that takes up a lot of space, and it preloads each sample of

            > the embeded music - which slows down the load time. I'd rather a smaller

            > player that only loads the mp3 when the visitor clicks the play button. I

            > think my problem is "embeding" the mp3. Anyone know a better way for the

            > html-illiterate? :)

            Rather than making use of Quicktime, Flash has a much more lightweight

            player... you can find a lot of them by searching and there's a list of 10

            options I found at

            http://www.webdesig nbooth.com/ 10-easy-to- implement- flash-based- mp3-players- for-your- website/

            Of the ones listed there, I have used the WordPress Audio Player -

            "stand-alone" version. It does NOT need WP so don't worry about that (hence

            the stand-alone) . Implementing it is relatively easy and there are code

            examples on the site. You can find them at

            http://wpaudioplaye r.com/standalone

            Until Later!

            C. Hatton Humphrey

            http://www.eastcoas tconservative. com

            No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of

            electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

          • Rick Stringer
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 4, 2010