Embeding samples in webpage

  • Kenn
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2010
      Hi folks,

      I'm trying to put a player on the bio's page I created for my podcast
      audiobook so listeners can hear a sample of the character's dialog. This is
      what I have so far http://bit.ly/a2edBr but the code I am using creates a
      small player that takes up a lot of space, and it preloads each sample of
      the embeded music - which slows down the load time. I'd rather a smaller
      player that only loads the mp3 when the visitor clicks the play button. I
      think my problem is "embeding" the mp3. Anyone know a better way for the
      html-illiterate? :)

      Thanks,
      Kenn
    • Kenn
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2010
        Thanks Michael & C
        That was a great help. I got it figured out so the page now loads much
        quicker and looks better too. Not to mention, the player works!
        I went with the NiftyPlayer because it was easy to figure out.
        Next I'm gonna try the WordPress one because I like the look of it. But
        that's for another day.
        Thanks again
        Kenn
        http://deadhunt.kenncrawford.com/characters.html
      • Kenn
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2010
          Thanks Rick, I thought of that, but it ticks me off when I have to leave the
          page to hear something and then go back to it. I didn't want visitors to
          leave the page.... unless they wanted to buy the book hahaha but seriously,
          I think the NiftyPLayer fixed the issue... now if I can just figure out how
          to change the color of it to make it work with the background better :)

          Kenn

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2010

            > I'm trying to put a player on the bio's page I created for my podcast
            > audiobook so listeners can hear a sample of the character's dialog. This is
            >
            > what I have so far http://bit.ly/a2edBr but the code I am using creates a
            > small player that takes up a lot of space, and it preloads each sample of
            > the embeded music - which slows down the load time. I'd rather a smaller
            > player that only loads the mp3 when the visitor clicks the play button. I
            > think my problem is "embeding" the mp3. Anyone know a better way for the
            > html-illiterate? :)

            Rather than making use of Quicktime, Flash has a much more lightweight
            player... you can find a lot of them by searching and there's a list of 10
            options I found at
            http://www.webdesignbooth.com/10-easy-to-implement-flash-based-mp3-players-for-your-website/

            Of the ones listed there, I have used the WordPress Audio Player -
            "stand-alone" version. It does NOT need WP so don't worry about that (hence
            the stand-alone). Implementing it is relatively easy and there are code
            examples on the site. You can find them at
            http://wpaudioplayer.com/standalone

            Until Later!
            C. Hatton Humphrey
            http://www.eastcoastconservative.com

            No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of
            electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

          • Michael Johnson
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 4, 2010
              I use wordpress audio player as well. It looks like this: http://videobible.powweb.com/2010/01/following-your-purpose-podcast-episode-27/

              Thanks
              Mike
              Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
              The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
              A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at crosscampusministry.com

              > I'm trying to put a player on the bio's page I created for my podcast

              > audiobook so listeners can hear a sample of the character's dialog. This is

              > what I have so far http://bit.ly/ a2edBr but the code I am using creates a

              > small player that takes up a lot of space, and it preloads each sample of

              > the embeded music - which slows down the load time. I'd rather a smaller

              > player that only loads the mp3 when the visitor clicks the play button. I

              > think my problem is "embeding" the mp3. Anyone know a better way for the

              > html-illiterate? :)

              Rather than making use of Quicktime, Flash has a much more lightweight

              player... you can find a lot of them by searching and there's a list of 10

              options I found at

              http://www.webdesig nbooth.com/ 10-easy-to- implement- flash-based- mp3-players- for-your- website/

              Of the ones listed there, I have used the WordPress Audio Player -

              "stand-alone" version. It does NOT need WP so don't worry about that (hence

              the stand-alone) . Implementing it is relatively easy and there are code

              examples on the site. You can find them at

              http://wpaudioplaye r.com/standalone

              Until Later!

              C. Hatton Humphrey

              http://www.eastcoas tconservative. com

              No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of

              electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

            • Rick Stringer
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 4, 2010