Re: [podcasters] Hail PR-20

  • danhughes@juno.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 27, 2010
      First, a comment from one of the music boards:

      "I think the PR40 can be more hit or miss on vocals due to it's presence peak. On the right voice it sounds great...especially really deep resonant basses. But on a thinner, more nasally voice it's not so hot. In that case the PR30 would probably work better."

      Second, I read somewhere (can't find it now) that the PR30 was more likely to pick up hand noises if you use it as a handheld. This is no problem for me because I leave it on the mic stand.

      And third, another sound test of the PR20, 30, and 40:

      http://cdn1.libsyn.com/mb/wtfshow-070426-Heil_PR20_PR30_and_PR40_Test.mp3?nvb=20100127152205&nva=20100128153205&t=040dbd369b3707162875f
      Here's a shortened URL of the same thing if the above line broke in your email system:

      http://tinyurl.com/yjjjz8d

      I have a PR30, and you can hear it here:

      http://thetreasurecorner.com (the two latest shows, #036 and #037, were recorded with the PR-30. No processing; just mic into mixer).

      ---Dan, http://danhughes.net