Re: [podcasters] Heil PR-20

  • Calvin Powers
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 26, 2010
      Lol. I expect you are right that photo was taken of me at WCOM radio
      station, where I do a live show on Monday nights 9-11pm eastern time.
      Thanks for giving me the chance to work in yet another shameless plug
      for my media empire!

      On Tuesday, January 26, 2010, Dan Hughes <danhughes@...> wrote:
      > Calvin, you gotta update that photo!  That's an RE-20, not a PR-40!
      >
      > ---Dan, http://danhughes.net (and if you click on my link, you'll see ME
      > talking into an RE-20, and I now use a PR-30).

    • Rob Schendel
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2010
        I noticed that David Letterman has a Heil PR40 on his desk. Don't know why,
        because he, and his guest are outfitted with lavalier mics.
        Also, the PR40 is just sitting there, and not in a position to function.
        I own one, love it, but know that it must be positioned in front of my
        mouth to work properly. The one on Letterman's desk is pointed away from
        all conversation.

        On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Calvin Powers <calvin@...> wrote:

        > Lol. I expect you are right that photo was taken of me at WCOM radio
        > station, where I do a live show on Monday nights 9-11pm eastern time.
        > Thanks for giving me the chance to work in yet another shameless plug
        > for my media empire!
        >

        > On Tuesday, January 26, 2010, Dan Hughes <danhughes@...<danhughes%40juno.com>>
        > wrote:
        > > Calvin, you gotta update that photo! That's an RE-20, not a PR-40!
        > >
        > > ---Dan, http://danhughes.net (and if you click on my link, you'll see ME
        > > talking into an RE-20, and I now use a PR-30).

      • Rich
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 28, 2010
          On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 16:37 -0600, Rob Schendel wrote:

          Mics on TV desks are just eye candy these days. They are probably
          wired in case the Lavs on the host and guests fail, but as you pointed
          out, the PR40 is a front address, not a side address mic, so it would do
          little good even if it were wired.

          > I noticed that David Letterman has a Heil PR40 on his desk. Don't know why,
          > because he, and his guest are outfitted with lavalier mics.
          > Also, the PR40 is just sitting there, and not in a position to function.
          > I own one, love it, but know that it must be positioned in front of my
          > mouth to work properly. The one on Letterman's desk is pointed away from
          > all conversation.
          >
          > On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Calvin Powers <calvin@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Lol. I expect you are right that photo was taken of me at WCOM radio
          > > station, where I do a live show on Monday nights 9-11pm eastern time.
          > > Thanks for giving me the chance to work in yet another shameless plug
          > > for my media empire!
          > >

          > > On Tuesday, January 26, 2010, Dan Hughes <danhughes@...<danhughes%40juno.com>>
          > > wrote:
          > > > Calvin, you gotta update that photo! That's an RE-20, not a PR-40!
          > > >
          > > > ---Dan, http://danhughes.net (and if you click on my link, you'll see ME
          > > > talking into an RE-20, and I now use a PR-30).

        • Richard Amirault
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 28, 2010
            > Mics on TV desks are just eye candy these days. They are probably
            > wired in case the Lavs on the host and guests fail, but as you pointed
            > out, the PR40 is a front address, not a side address mic, so it would do
            > little good even if it were wired.

            They have been "eye candy" for years. Larry King, David Letterman ... the
            list goes on and on ... they even show up on Infomercials (but *they* use
            cheaper mics than the big boys do)

            Richard Amirault
            N1JDU
            http://bostonfandom.org