enclosures

  • Michael Johnson
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 24, 2009
      Hey guys,
      I have heard a lot about enclosures in wordpress and I truly have no idea what they are for. I'm thinking this is something i should know about as a podcaster. Does anyone have any articles that could enlighten me on the subject?

      Thanks
      Mike
      Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
      The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
      A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at crosscampusministry.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 24, 2009
        On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Michael Johnson
        <serviceyourac@...> wrote:
        > Hey guys,
        > I have heard a lot about enclosures in wordpress and I truly have no idea what they are for. I'm thinking this is something i should know about as a podcaster. Does anyone have any articles that could enlighten me on the subject?

        The enclosure is the tag in the RSS feed that specifies the media file
        you want to deliver. In essence, it's what *defines* a podcast as
        distinct from any other type of blog or news feed.

        For more, see:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_enclosure

        http://www.escapepod.org
      • Michael Johnson
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 24, 2009
          Thank you,
          I have been putting my mp3 links for my podcast in the actual posts on my wordpress site. It has been working that way. Do I need to be putting the mp3 links in the enclosure field?
          I'll check out that article

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 24, 2009
            On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Michael Johnson
            <serviceyourac@...> wrote:
            > Thank you,
            > I have been putting my mp3 links for my podcast in the actual posts on my wordpress site. It has been working that way. Do I need to be putting the mp3 links in the enclosure field?
            > I'll check out that article

            Hey, if it's been working, why change? >8-> WordPress does
            automatically notice and create enclosure tags for links to certain
            kinds of files (including .mp3).

            http://www.escapepod.org
          • Michael Johnson
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 24, 2009
              You are right thanks.
              If it's not broke don't fix it!
              Mike J
              crosscampusministry.com

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 24, 2009
                So true...if it's not broke dont fix it!
                Mike J
                thank you.
                crosscampusministry.com