Re: [podcasters] Wordpress and Podcasting

  • Todd Cochrane
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 22, 2009
      Ben

      The plugin space will figure itself out.. We have done our best to
      create a plugin that will give their listeners the best experience
      possible regardless of how they are consuming the content. The best part
      is the optimized itunes and zune marketplace listings and the other
      features that add to the listener experience.

      When we hit version 1 of PowerPress we thought we had added everything
      people would want in the way of features and we were wrong. We find the
      feature list growing daily with some pretty cool and innovative
      features. I attribute a large portion of my 2009 show growth to the plugin.

      From a single blog post I can now populate my Audio only RSS feed, My
      Video Only RSS feed and place a flash embed of the video in the blog
      post and get integrated stats information on my wordpress dashboard. If
      I want to only show a audio player I can the options are endless and the
      control of how things are displayed are completely in the podcasters
      control.

      The most important thing is you do not have to use a single one of our
      services to use the plugin and as you said in your article we are in the
      black financially and are not going anywhere.

      For the average podcasters a single plugin created by and for podcasters
      should be all the info one needs.

      Todd