Re: [podcasters] Wordpress and Podcasting

  • Cliff Ravenscraft
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 22, 2009
      On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Jeri Unselt <
      walkerdependentmusicfan@...> wrote:

      > Cliff,
      >
      > How do you do the enclose thing for podcasting, the only thing I have been
      > able to use and have it work is podpress. I'm always open to new ideas.
      >
      > Jeri

      Jeri, WordPress will automatically enclose links to mp3 files by default.
      However, there are times when a Plug-In or code in the .htaccess file that
      will keep this from happening. It is for this reason, that I have been
      using the KG Enclosure Flex plug-in just for that one feature.

      http://www.15framespersecond.com/enclosureflex/

      Hope this information is helpful.

      Cliff

      <http://podcastanswerman.com/>
      *Cliff J. Ravenscraft - Podcast Producer & Consultant*
      *Phone:* 859-757-1399
      *Email:* Cliff@...
      *My Podcast Network:* http://gspn.tv
      *Consulting & Equipment Sales:*
      http://PodcastAnswerMan.com<http://podcastanswerman.com/>

      *Social Networks*
      Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/gspn
      My Facebook Profile: http://facebook.com/CliffRavenscraft
      My Linked-In Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/CliffRavenscraft
      gspn.tv Community Forum: http://gspn.tv/forum

      *Mailing Lists*
      gspn.tv Community Mailing List: http://gspn.tv/mailinglist
      Podcast Answer Man Mailing List:

      *Other Interesting Links*
      My Story In A Podcast: http://gspn.tv/passion
      Wikipedia Article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Ravenscraft
      Wm Paul Young's "The Shack": http://gspn.tv/theshack
      48 Days To The Work You Love: http://gspn.tv/48-Days

    • Todd Cochrane
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 22, 2009
        Ben

        The plugin space will figure itself out.. We have done our best to
        create a plugin that will give their listeners the best experience
        possible regardless of how they are consuming the content. The best part
        is the optimized itunes and zune marketplace listings and the other
        features that add to the listener experience.

        When we hit version 1 of PowerPress we thought we had added everything
        people would want in the way of features and we were wrong. We find the
        feature list growing daily with some pretty cool and innovative
        features. I attribute a large portion of my 2009 show growth to the plugin.

        From a single blog post I can now populate my Audio only RSS feed, My
        Video Only RSS feed and place a flash embed of the video in the blog
        post and get integrated stats information on my wordpress dashboard. If
        I want to only show a audio player I can the options are endless and the
        control of how things are displayed are completely in the podcasters
        control.

        The most important thing is you do not have to use a single one of our
        services to use the plugin and as you said in your article we are in the
        black financially and are not going anywhere.

        For the average podcasters a single plugin created by and for podcasters
        should be all the info one needs.

        Todd